Forums Latest Members
  1. njz1719 Feb 22, 2016

Hi All,

I am looking at buying a vintage speedmaster, auction is located here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Speed...649540?hash=item2362b16a04:g:40sAAOSwwPhWiNxfPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network.

This watch seems to be in great shape and looks correct to me, but the the seller says that the minute totalizer does not function properly. My question Is how much does this hit the value of the watch (is it fairly valued at 2725), and should I expect this to be fixed with a service, or is this likely an indicator of deeper problems in the movement. Any other words about this particular watch or in general would be greatly appreciated!

2. demollo Feb 22, 2016

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I believe that this seller also sells on the forum, please have a look at the Sales section. Probably you will be able to negotiate better price here. As for the fair value of the watch i am not knowledgeable enough to tell :)

3. WatchVaultNYC Feb 22, 2016

Dude, would rather you not pay 9% Ebay premium (from fees). Talk to me directly!

GregH and Spacefruit like this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 22, 2016

Factor in a service when you buy it, the fact that the minute totaliser doesn't work isn't a deal breaker as it'll be fixed at service anyway but do factor in that cost.