Forums Latest Members
  1. Threemann Oct 20, 2015

Hello,

I would like to start by saying that this is not an attempt to sell anything here. I appreciate all of the knowledge offered by members here and I dont want to offend anyone. With that said, I am asking for any advice you may have to offer to make an effective auction on eBay. The online companies selling on consignment are offering way below what I think is fair. I look on the WTS section for comparisons and they offer 1/3 of asking prices here.

I am purposely being vague in order to make sure I don't break any forum rules. Thank you all for your time.

Lou

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 20, 2015

Big clear photos, lots of them, including the movement and inside the case back, plus a clear description, including size and any known flaws.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2015

Also let it run $1 no reserve, both wanker reserves (high starting bids) and actual reserves are a turnoff for buyers, there really is no concern as long as you offer lots of detailed photos as Norm suggested, that it will go low as the Omega market is liquid enough that you will always have interested parties.

4. ulackfocus Oct 20, 2015

Desired watch + nice condition + clear photos = market value or higher.

If you need help with information on the watch, just ask. As long as you're honest about selling it (as it seems you are), we'll give you some helpful information to put in your listing.

Hell, I've even wrote listings and taken the pictures for friends selling Rolexes. Posted one or two myself!

5. Threemann Oct 20, 2015

Thanks for the advice. I have to practice with the camera to get better photos. The phone obviously doesn't cut it. I am not brave enough to take that back off though. Hopefully I can get is sold soon. There are a lot of interesting watches in the for sale section. I will let you all know how it goes.

6. ulackfocus Oct 20, 2015

BTW, great avatar. :thumbsup:

1144-2.jpg

7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 20, 2015

Check out the copy on eBay seller: holbensfinewatches.
    He manages to routinely get above-market bids on his watches. I don't know if it's the pictures, his down-home language, or that stupid dog picture. Any time a thumbnail picture of a watch appealed to me and turned out to be his offering, I'd mutter something foul and go to the next one. I stand no chance against this guy's high bidders.
    If you emulate his listings, you might attract the same spendoscenti his auctions attract. He has a way of Hodinkeenizing his own offerings.

ConElPueblo and dougiedude like this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2015

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mens-Ori...age-Watch-A-/141801926626?hash=item21040dafe2Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Good example there

9. ulackfocus Oct 20, 2015

Wow, I'm in awe - not even 48 hours have passed since the coining of those two phrases and you managed to use BOTH in the same sentence! :thumbsup: If we actually had one, the Sniglet Laureate of ΩF would approve!

NT931 and Time Exposure like this.
  10. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 20, 2015

SLOF Approved.
    What does that seal/medallion look like, I wonder? :)

11. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 21, 2015

I think there might already be enough of these ΩF sniglets to start a nice dictionary thread for 'em.

Real ones, of course, not made up ;)... has to meet the 'seal of approval'..

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 21, 2015

soa.jpeg

13. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2015

14. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2015

dougiedude likes this.