Forums Latest Members
  1. Leftinthelurch May 28, 2015

Hey all!

So I've finally decided that I want to purchase a Seamaster Deville most likely calibre 562 or 563. What tips can everybody offer? I want it to have silver hour markers and not the black/silver ones. I want it to have a date and to also have the hippocampus medallion at the back. My biggest concern is buying a lemon though. It causes great anxiety that I might purchase a redial, or a piece that had been overpolished. How does everybody overcome this? Do you just wait for the perfect piece? Lastly, what is the price I should be looking to pay? I live in Australia so $1000 US is a little bit dearer for us. I want it to be just right as I'll probably wear this piece for the rest of my life (well that's the reason I am buying it). Any advice and help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

2. Frap May 28, 2015

Part of this hobby for the vast majority of us is the hunt for the right piece within our budget / quality, we still get buyers remorse for a few minutes until it finally arrives or you get it home.Some of us like a little patina others do not, what is your preference or budget. Set yourself a price point your happy with, don't be afraid of asking difficult questions from who you are buying from. If you feel your happy with how they answered and what then fine. Personally I have a few watches that show a few scratches and a few that have been " Touched up a little " that I have bought through various means. If its the watch you want at the price your happy with and a seller you felt you can trust is either really a problem.