Forums Latest Members
  1. jlafou1 Dec 29, 2017

Hello everyone, I could use some help identifying this one. Im eyeing this as a potential pickup. Seller says it needs a service since power reserve is extremely short.

I can't seem to match the dial and case with the movement. Something doesn't seem right but then again I'm not a UG expert. I'm not looking to be spoon fed by any means just need help pointing in the right direction for my first Universal.

Thanks in advance! IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2504.JPG

2. Jonatan Dec 31, 2017

I can’t see anything wrong with it. Looks like it’s lost some of its sharp edges through polishing but other than that it looks legit. Crown might also be a replacement. I find the dial quite attractive. If you like it and the price is within your budget go for it. What’s the asking price?

3. jlafou1 Dec 31, 2017

Thanks for the input. I do like it. Seller is asking $300 since it requires a service. Probably just needs a mainspring. Sounds like a good deal to me even after a $200-$300 service.

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 31, 2017

I would ask the seller the following questions:
    1 If you manually wind does it run normally?
    2 Does the Rotor power the watch?

If the issue is just the mainspring great. If the issue is the micro rotor assy that’s a bigger job.

Agree however that it is a watch worth chasing.

5. Jonatan Dec 31, 2017

If you decide to pass let us know. At that price, I would buy right away.

6. jlafou1 Dec 31, 2017

Thanks for the input guys. Watch is on its way ;) I'll update the thread with more photos upon arrival.

watch3s and Larry S like this.