Forums Latest Members
  1. larsen100 Mar 10, 2015

Dear all,
    I am brand new to wonderful world of Omega watches and I am thinking about buying my very first one.
    After having browsed the internet, I have found this wonderful piece.
    Could someone on here please help me identify the exact model of this?
    Is it a 2849?

Also, what is a reasonable price for such a piece?

Best

Larsen

s50.jpg s503.jpg s501.jpg s504.jpg

Edited Mar 10, 2015
  2. lillatroll Mar 10, 2015

From a quick check at images on the internet, the ones I have seen, have a gold case if it has gold number markings, and silver markings if the case is silver colour, secondly the hands are a lot more aged than the rest of the dial. I am far from knowledgeable about these things, so others on here will be better equipped to help you, but I think that might be a new dial. If this is the case then it will affect the price for a collector. it is a 22638 and there a few variants of this model, it should have a 503 cal.

3. larsen100 Mar 10, 2015

Thanks lillatroll for your comments and insight.
    I may be that this is not the "authentic" look. If anyone else have some insight I would really appreciate it.
    I think it looks pretty awesome! :)

Larsen

4. Pvt-Public Mar 10, 2015

I don't like the nice shiny dial and markers with those old dingy hands. Just don't look right to me.

5. lillatroll Mar 10, 2015

I am sure it would not be diffiult to find a better one than this, one of the things about spending time on this forum is that when you see some of the beautiful watches people have then you could quickly start thinking that if you had only been a bit more patient then you could have had a nicer looking watch for maybe a few quid more or the same price. Parts for watches can be expensive and it quickly makes no sense to buy cheaper ones if you have to buy a new part like a case or a strap.
    Have a look on the for sale forums here or other sites and see if you can find simmilar watches first then decide if you want to buy this one.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 10, 2015

Gold figures with a steel case are quite common actually more common than silver figures.

7. Hijak Mar 10, 2015

Agree with Norman!
    Wrist Shot, 1.JPG
    Wrist Shot, 2.JPG
    Wrist Shot, 7.JPG
    Wrist Shot, 8.JPG

8. lillatroll Mar 10, 2015

Good to learn new stuff, and just goes to show that google can t help with everything.