Forums Latest Members
  1. Big McG Nov 27, 2015

Hi, new to the forum. I have always wanted a 1969 Omega wristwatch. Thought this would be an easy achievement but since discovered its a total minefield. I live in Glasgow and have a budget of £600. Can't seem to find any local dealers I can go and look at. I have seen this one one ebay.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121824326655Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network Everything mentioned seems to be correct. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Crossfire Nov 30, 2015

I wouldn't buy becoise of dial and second of all, in this price range You can buy Seamaster in good condition with original dial.

3. johndoc Dec 8, 2015

4. johndoc Dec 8, 2015

See comments above, for some reason didnt let me type in new box

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 8, 2015

I think it's a decent watch for the price.
    The seller has very good feedback for watch sales and is reasonably local to you (compared to me).
    Cosmetic condition is very good, still retaining the sharpness and finish and no gouges on the caseback.
    The movement is very clean and the Cal 613 is a good movement from that period.
    Factor in the cost of a service that you don't need to get done and the real price drops quite a bit.
    If you aren't a serious collector and just want a nice Omega then I can't see a problem with having the service dial.
    It's all Omega, not a franken and has been serviced.
    If you like it grab it.

BTW, the difference between a Genève and a Seamaster from this period is simply the word on the dial.