Forums Latest Members
  1. omegason Dec 13, 2017

This was my father's watch and the only watch I remember him wearing as I grew up. It was a gift to him in the late 60s or early 70s. Anyway, after being misplaced it was found and given to me. Problem is the bracelet is a little small. I want to keep it as original as possible and I was hoping to find an extra link or two so it will fit comfortably. However, I am having problems identifying the bracelet so I can hopefully find a link. Any help and additional info on it would be would be appreciated.
    bracelet1.jpg bracelet2.jpg bracelet3.jpg back.jpg

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 13, 2017

Is there anything printed on the other side of the clasp?

3. omegason Dec 13, 2017

Yes. An Ω in a triangle followed by K 14 MADE IN ITALY

Thanks

4. BenBagbag Dec 13, 2017

picture of it will be helpful.

5. omegason Dec 13, 2017

This is the only thing. Thanks again

IMG_20171213_152258.jpg
    Edited Dec 13, 2017
  6. omegason Dec 14, 2017

Anyone have anything?

7. BenBagbag Dec 14, 2017

I think we need some help from our Italian members, but I assume everything (dial/bracelet) is 14 karat gold... but you probably already know that. These bracelets typically were not made in Italy AFAIK.

Regardless, it will be near impossible to locate identical links for the bracelet as it is not a standard Swiss Made Omega bracelet that we are more familiar with here on the forums. Additionally if it is in fact 14kt gold then it will not be cheap to find/create extra links for the bracelet.

I would put the bracelet away and put on a nice dressy black crocodile leather strap. It's a really nice watch.

Good luck,
    Ben

omegason likes this.
  8. omegason Dec 14, 2017

Thank you. I was beginning to think the same thing; this isn't a standard bracelet. Saw something similar on an Aussie website and my parents did travel a lot. Maybe they picked it up on their travels.

Thanks again

9. 1jansen Dec 15, 2017

+1
    I think it is common to have aftermarket bracelet cuz the cost of original 14/18k gold bracelet is almost the value of a watch head. I have a similar white gold Constellation with aftermarket bracelet. Photo below

20171215_151253.jpg
    omegason likes this.