Forums Latest Members
  1. SME Aug 15, 2016

Hi everyone,
    Andrew here-I'm a omega.jpg new member and have enjoyed reading the posts. Think I could quite easily become addicted to collecting vintage watches!

Have been researching my fathers old Omega and not getting very far. Would love to know how old it is and any other info people may have.

On the back it has- tool 106.

I'm not brave enough to open it as I may wreck it.

The closest I could fine is this one but seems to have different hands and without automatic under Omega.

TY

Andrew

2. SME Aug 15, 2016

3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 15, 2016

Welcome Andrew
    Before someone replies noting that there are no clairvoyants on the forum
    Pics please

Front back and sides

4. Edward53 Aug 15, 2016

Some more photos of the watch would be nice too. ;)

5. novina Aug 15, 2016

Pictures needed for proper ID would be as follows: Inside case back, will have Omega triangle and case reference number. Pic of the movement, as clear as possible. This will have the caliber number and the serial number. Also shots of both sides and the back of the watch. You will have to open the case back to get a proper ID. If you can not do it readily, please go to a watch maker and have him open it. More pictures equal more information.

Also read the sticky at the top of the Vintage watch thread. It will help you a lot.

6. SME Aug 15, 2016

Thanks Guys. Front is on first post. I cannot open so all I can provide for now: omega side.jpg omega back.jpg

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 15, 2016

Who would do such a thing?:whistling:

8. Pvt-Public Aug 15, 2016

Please do not try to open the back I'm pretty sure since is says tool 106 on the back it is a front loader. Meaning the movement comes out the front.

efauser likes this.
  9. novina Aug 15, 2016

Does not look like a front loader like mine. But it does seem to have a part in the case. Took may be required due to the fact that there are no case indents for a standard opening tool. Would this call for a rubber ball? Interested to see exactly what this is and how it turns out.

**** Edited once I got on the laptop****
    We'll it's amazing how the world looks like on a big screen as opposed on a 5 inch phone screen. I totally retract anything I have said about it not being a front loader. Now my eyes have seen the light, of the big screen that is. Definitely should have a watch maker open it .

Edited Aug 15, 2016
  10. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 15, 2016

Tool 106 is for pulling the crystal, so unless someone put on an incorrect caseback...

11. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 15, 2016

...which wouldn't fit on anything but a front loader.

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 15, 2016

This is Tool 106.
    If you don't have one or know how to use one you need to go to a watchmaker, you cannot open the watch.

Tool106.JPG

13. SME Aug 15, 2016

Thanks Pvt.

14. SME Aug 15, 2016

Thanks Jim.

15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 15, 2016

When you get it to the watchmaker and the movement has been removed you can use the hidden information to find the pot at the end of the rainbow.

Either take note of these numbers or get photographs (you or your watchmaker can do that).

On the inside of the case below the Omega symbol you will find a model number stamped. This will guide you in finding similar items on the internet.

On the movement there will be two numbers, one very long which will be your serial number, that can be used to date your watch to within a year or so.

The other number will be the caliber, or model of movement contained in the watch.

Report back to us with your findings.

PS: If the watch hasn't been serviced in the last five years or so, get it properly serviced while at the watchmaker.

SME likes this.
  16. Bumper Aug 16, 2016

This one has had the bezel off before. Notice the little grove between the bezel & watch body next to the top left lug, that worn spot. A blade in that groove would pop the bezel & crystal off, the whole movement would lift out the front.

17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 16, 2016

It looks like a Unicoc/Unishell case, so that requires the crystal compressor/lifter, unlike the Monocoque case where the bezel/crystal are removed by using a case knife.