Forums Latest Members
  1. Will P May 4, 2016

Hi all,

I recently inherited this watch and have absolutely no idea about the model. If anyone could help me identify it that would be great, I'd love to know a bit about it and how old it is.

Thanks in advance,

Will

image3.JPG image2.JPG image1.JPG

2. Willem023 May 4, 2016

3. meganfox17 May 4, 2016

How Come Everybody in the forum is inheriting watches from everyone else including the in-Laws & the Outlaws EXCEPT ME[emoji34] ???!!!

Hi Will Will Pill @Will P not Will S
    [​IMG]

Willem023 is So Right you know..
    It really frustrates yeah..sometimes irritates the Omega Grandmasters & Pundits in the forum when Everyone's trying their level best to help but so little clues & poor details to work on[​IMG]
    I'm only an Amateur WIS with a special interest in Connies ,i thought of skipping your thread but ...Oh....What the Heck... Let me open my Big Mouth & say something foolish & possibly error prone comments about the watch .At least that would ruffle some feathers , then the experts can work on something .. right ?

That's an UVO /Unidentified Vintage Omega[​IMG]Back then Omega didnt give Exotic names to some models like this one. I guess Omega would call 'em by their Calibre number .. hmmm.. i'm guessing your watch is an Omega Cal 265 manual winding Stainless Steel casing recessed silver subsecond dial featuring some Anti Magnetic shit , a power reserve of i kid-you-not 42 hrs once fully serviced 15 Jewels model number hmm..25xx or 26xx ... dunno didnt bother to check! [​IMG]One of the finest movements of that Era, a revised version of the legendary 30 Terminator 2 movement ! Aa-HaH [emoji13] I certainly got the attention of the Vintage Experts now ! [emoji13] No ,not Terminator 2 liquid metal but a 30T2 or 30t2 movement. The Question is " Is your watch a Genetic tweaking of the great 30T2 DNA movement ?"[​IMG]
    30T2 existed in many versions & generations from 1939-1963.They are SO valuable depending on the Ref number condition of watch & i guess an older time period

Original condition or Restored ? Hey! Dont Ask me ! No serial number to determine the exact birth year ? Just Great ! But It dates back to when this Guy was US President[​IMG]

Now Lets Bring In The Omega Cavalry Boys!!

P/ S Someone ! Anyone !
    PLEASE tell me Will P's watch is NOT a descendent of a 30T2 movement but i love to be proven wrong !!! The Ones to kill for are the Prized chronometers of 30T2 RGs or 30T2 SC RGs
    I call em PRG - Propelled Rocket Grenades !

Edited May 5, 2016
    Miss_Bourginskay likes this.
  4. Will P May 5, 2016

Wow! That's amazing, definitely something to go on! Thanks Megan Fox XVII. I must apologise for the lack of information and pictures, I really don't know much at all about the history of this particular watch. As is blindingly obvious, I am totally ignorant about this subject so I didn't want to take the case off (not that I know how!).
    So I guess my next move should be to take to someone who does know a bit more so I can have a look inside?

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. Will P May 5, 2016

Bit more info, the case is 32mm across, excluding the crown.

6. Pvt-Public May 5, 2016

If that is the case size I am betting it is not any of the 30mm. Movements.

7. fjf May 5, 2016

Looks like this one of mine, a 2496 case with a 283 movement:[​IMG]

8. Willem023 May 5, 2016

Actually, yours has a central second hand
    So it can never be the same cal