Forums Latest Members

Help with getting a watch into the Breitling USA service network.

1. arcadelt Mar 1, 2018

I know this might be crazy and could be a long shot, but I was wondering if there was a member here in good standing who could help me get a watch into the Breitling USA repair network. Long story short, I was preparing to sell my Breitling B-1 when I discovered that it has a fault. The fault can be repaired with a service, but Breitling Australia's price to undertake this work is very high. I have determined that Breitling USA will do the same job for somewhere between 25 and 50% cheaper.

The arrangement would have me sending the watch and full set to you, and you put just the watch into BUSA. When it is returned to you, I would list it for sale from here, but as located in the US. You would then send the watch to the buyer, who more than likely will be in the US anyway.

I will pay for everything and take all risks, hence why I need someone in good standing in this community - your connection to the community is my insurance. Please post here or PM me if you might be able to help.

2. ulackfocus Mar 1, 2018

How would you ship it to America?

3. arcadelt Mar 1, 2018

Australia Post standard or express post, with tracking and insurance coverage unless that was a problem at the US end for some reason (can't imagine what that might be, but I am flexible).

4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Mar 1, 2018

Please read this entire section, it is all very important.

These rules are in place to provide a better trading experience for everyone.

Whilst we want to keep the forum as open as possible we have to introduce these measures to safe guard our community from scammers. While we understand these measures might frustrate a few members they are for the overall good of the forum and are in place to protect not just us all, but the reputation and integrity of this great forum.

Ads NOT following these guidelines will be deleted immediately.
    • Include 3 (or more) current photos that are at least 1024 pixels wide. Bigger is better and will sell your item
    • Photos should only be hosted on Omega Forums, not Photobucket or other services
    • Photos should be of the actual watch in your possession only.
    • Include a price, (including currency ie. USD/EUR/AUD) and a description. A realistic buy it now price must be included. ALL relevant info and specifications must be within your ad.
    • Only one watch per sales thread
    • Absolutely NO fakes or "homage" (mimic) watches
    • Linking to your eBay auction is OK, provided the above conditions are met first. Linking to your eBay auctions in non watch sales threads is not OK.
    • Please state if you accept returns
    • DO NOT DELETE THE LISTING OR THE PRICE WHEN SOLD - It is used for reference for sellers and buyers alike. It will be reinstated if deleted
    • A Link to 2 recent feedback on sales or purchases when listing a watch, part of WTB thread should you have feedback.
    • Keep all communication to PM in respect to a deal rather than email. You can of course openly discuss the item in question publicly.
    • NO SALES ON BEHALF OF A FREIND - This is because should an issue arise and it gets messy, you the seller are at fault not the guy whose watch it is. Should it also get lost in transit and funds have been exchanged from you to your friend, will he give the buyer his cash back.

5. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Mar 1, 2018

I think the last rule applies here.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 1, 2018

Not really. Not the first time long time members have asked for help from other countries.

alam and ConElPueblo like this.
  7. arcadelt Mar 1, 2018

I see the point; however, I think this arrangement is slightly different because I will undertake the sale, deal with the buyer and take the payment - in all cases, the buyer will be dealing with me, the owner of the watch. All the "helper" will do is ship the watch, with their standing being my insurance.

8. ulackfocus Mar 1, 2018

I've sold watches for other people here, but I knew that I assumed full responsibility because I was the seller. The two most notable were Rolexes, and I listed them because in both cases the owners were not skilled with a camera and weren't as internet-savvy as I was. They also didn't have the recognition / reputation as a seller as I did.

Selling this watch after service is a good thing, and since the majority of buyers seems to be in America it makes sense to keep it here after Breitling USA services it.

9. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Mar 2, 2018

The big problem would be that your accomplice in the US could well get charged import duties and I’m guessing that could easily outweigh the savings on the service.

10. arcadelt Mar 2, 2018

While it is possible, I will attempt to ensure that does not occur by understanding the law as best I can. In the end, I still own the watch and it is primarily being sent for a service.