Forums Latest Members
  1. Paul1974 Aug 14, 2017

Hi all,
    I'm new to the world of Universal Geneve and am looking to buy a uni-compax. I just love the design of the watches.
    I have a number of old Brietlings top times but not knowing so much about UG's I'm reaching out to see if anyone can help to offer some advice on a watch I've seen.
    This model doesn't carry any mention of uni compax on the dial - is this something i should be concerned about. I attached an image.
    Would welcome any help
    Thank you so much
    Paul

IMG_7916.png
  2. Mlafra Aug 14, 2017

This is without a doubt a re-printed dial, and badly so as well.
    I would not buy it unless the price fully reflect it and you are OK with it (me personally, for example, I would never buy a watch with a reprinted dial).
    Given Uni-Compaxes are not rare at all I would honestly wait for a better example to pop-up.

Chrobar, Mark020 and Vitezi like this.
  3. Paul1974 Aug 14, 2017

Thank you Mlafa, so much appreciated. Can you advise where best to look out for one? and any specific details that I should keep a close eye on.

4. Mlafra Aug 14, 2017

I would look into the usal suspect places to source watches: Chrono24, the sale corner on this and other forum, Chronotrader, even Ebay.
    When in doubt post here and someone will guide you. Most important thing is obviously to get a non-reprinted dial and overall good conditions.
    Original hands are also pretty important, at the minimum hour and minute hands.

Chrobar, Florent, Larry S and 2 others like this.
  5. ARP488 Aug 15, 2017

As stated this is a redial for certain. The case has been polished, the crown appears to be replaced and the pushers are odd, probably also from over polishing. If you want a watch that will increase in value over time I'd suggest looking for a more original untouched piece. If the above doesn't bother you than that's fine too. To each their own, for me I wouldn't touch that one.

Below is an example of what I'd consider to be a top top quality example...

IMG_5920.JPG