Forums Latest Members
  1. New_universal Feb 13, 2019

hi guys... new on the forum here, and recently got into UG watches... I got a 262 (or at least that is what it looks like), but seems it's difficult to open the back. Any suggestions? I am trying to determine further details and have been roaming the internet, but thought might be a good to ask the experts here :) any advice or knowledge on this small piece would be appreciated. Outer dia including crown is 36mm, 1.jpg 2.jpg
    thanks

2. Diabolik Feb 14, 2019

It is a snap back. You need a proper tool or a sharp knife with a stron blade. There should be a relief on the case back for inserting the edge of the tool. push it in and lever ensuring you apply pressure towards the relief and it should pop off. some are easier than others ...

try this tool https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Watc...DswpPbWF91JvcXeJOHEeAxs5300khFMFifFnr7aLp8g==Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Cheap and safe!

New_universal likes this.
  3. Carlton-Browne Feb 14, 2019

But, if in doubt, take it to a watch maker, or find a cheap watch to practice on first.

Diabolik and New_universal like this.
  4. New_universal Feb 14, 2019

Thanks, will post some more photos when open... :)

5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 14, 2019

Re Lumed hands but nice patina and overall Wabi Sabe. Take it to a watchmaker please and have them pop the case. Take a shot of movement and inside case back. Leave it for service. This is too nice to bring a case knife and un practiced hand anywhere near it.

New_universal and Diabolik like this.
  6. hungdangnguyen23 Feb 14, 2019

+1 totally agree with this. As someone who butchered his fair share of watches, I wouldn't chance it on a sweet watch like this one. Nice UG and congrats!

7. New_universal Feb 14, 2019

Thanks and will do, that's sound advice. A bit Wabi Sabi indeed, which I like. Has anyone ever seen this design before as it seems UG has had many variations and styles in their designs... thanks!

8. CaptainWinsor Feb 14, 2019

Love the dial patina. Nice score

9. bgrisso Feb 14, 2019

congrats. I like the dial, but I would want to get the hands relumed if it were mine.

is there a second number on the caseback? Can't tell with the glare....

10. New_universal Feb 14, 2019

No only one number, not sure if the second number (serial number I assume) always has to be there...(?) Still trying to find someone knowledgeable open it :)

11. New_universal Feb 14, 2019

here we go... looks like a 42'-43' watch :)
    any idea what the number "151388" stands for?
    3.jpg 4.jpg

12. New_universal Feb 17, 2019

bumping this...

in need of some expert knowledge. I've read about the case number (outside) and the serial number inside the case - found in several threads here, for which thanks :). But can anyone help out if the number on the movement can be related to something? Thanks! :)

13. Moahunter Feb 18, 2019

That is the serial number of that particular movement. It would be quoted on any related paperwork if, for instance, the watch went through the testing/certification process to label it as a chronometer.

14. New_universal Feb 18, 2019

Thanks Moahunter! ;-)