Forums Latest Members
  1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 13, 2013

Hey
    So I just bought this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1171-OMEGA-...h=item5d3cba3e45&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I've already made it as short as I can by moving the pins in the clasp but I need to make it even shorter (yes, girly wrists) but none of the links have pins on the side (apart from the ones that connect to the clasp). Is it possible this one has already had all the removable links removed, and therefore can't be shortened any more? :(

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 13, 2013

There's another option, you can take an adhesive foam pad, the type you have as the soft half of velcro, and stick it on the caseback. That will space it off your wrist by a distance that equates to a link or more on that bracelet.

Failing that, order some Pizza Hut Cheese Lovers with extra cheese and stuffed crust, and add in some cheesy bites. Eat and repeat until it fits.

Central Scrutinizer likes this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 13, 2013

!!!!!
    I find the speedy is already very high/thick. Definitely not about to raise it any further

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 13, 2013

It depends on your McGyverability.

The links are split tubes.

You could drill and pry one open on the end hidden under the clasp and shorten it that way.

I think I could do it a nd still have the ability to add the replacement links if needed but need more close-up pics of the bracelet from the side.

However, it becomes "your" band for keeps if you go that way.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 13, 2013

My McGyver skills are non existent! Maybe I should just put on some weight?

6. seamonster Respectable Member Apr 13, 2013

Respectable Member CanberraOmega

Your watch will look attractive and masculine, if you put it on a shark-skin band with a deployant buckle. Probably, one of our respectable members, 'flame' will be of help to you.

Do not try to put on weight unnecessarily, since you will get lots of medical complications. If so, you will never be able to enjoy your beauty, any longer.

Thank-you.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 15, 2013

So took the bracelet into my new watch man, and he said he could fold back a couple of the links and remove them without an issue!

8. pascs May 15, 2013

Good news that you've got it sorted out.

I have the opposite problem, most bracelets are too small unless they have all the links in them. I recently bought a vintage Omega mesh which I wanted for my AT but its going to be too short because a previous owner must have shortened it :(