Forums Latest Members
  1. Wulfrun May 28, 2015

Bought this on eBay but has a rather large scratch in the face of the watch. Does anyone know anyways of repairing this or does anyone know where I can buy a new face for this model?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Habitant May 28, 2015

If you are lucky, you may find a replacement dial on eBay. You have the model shown on the dial itself and the Omega model code on the inside of the case back (does it say 366 0830? It seem so). Make sure it's a day AND date model, of course.
    If not, you're looking at getting it refinished. Hopefully, the scratch isn't too deep (although… ) and they may be able to strip it and re-do it. My instinct is that it will show and it kind of looks like you are going to have to get someone to make a new blank and then re-print it as original. You can't use filler on dials. Depending on where you are and who you use, you're probably in the USD$100-150 range for that (although that's just a guess, based on experience and may be different for you… it's unlikely to be a lot less).

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 28, 2015

A new dial is available from Omega - part number is 064PT1635003. You will need to contact your local approved Omega watchmaker, or see if one of the watch parts distributors can source it for you.

Cheers, Al

4. emilio May 28, 2015

I think getting it refinished is very hard. I had a small scratch in a metalic blue Seamaster AT Dial and one of the best watchmakers of the Netherlands (Wesselink and Vreeker) said it was impossible to refinish this metallic coating..