Forums Latest Members
  1. Clownie Feb 8, 2018

First, I want to thank the members of the forum for all the informative posts I read. I'm a lurker for the most part and rarely a poster.

I'm retooling my collection (which has scarily become slanted to speedmasters incidentally). The question I have is which would you prefer:

Speedy Dark Side (original with tang buckle) OR the Deep Black PO, GMT (ceramic)? They are near enough price wise for the trade that it is inconsequential for me.

I have 3 speedys already but not a ceramic one (pro, Tuesday with the 3313, and snoopy). I do not have a PO but do have a sub.

I'm comfy with wearing a big watch and I don't have to have one that "slips under the cuff" because I rarely am in business attire. I know that neither is a small watch anyway.

Any thoughts? I recognize this is a lot of personal preference and I'm curious how people lean.

Thanks

#firstworldproblesm

2. htiek Feb 8, 2018

IMO I prefer the Deep Black PO. I find the date window a little out of place this model.

The deep black I think looks quite nice with the different colours that suit the black quite well. The strap is also quite similar to the Snoopy strap, so maybe that could affect your decision!

Which colour Deep Black were you considering?

3. gdupree Feb 8, 2018

Definite vote for the PO from me. It gives you a GMT option, which is a great addition to the toolbox.

4. 77deluxe Feb 8, 2018

+1 on the speedy.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 8, 2018

What's a "Tuesday with the 3133"

Foo2rama and dennisthemenace like this.
  6. Bushido Feb 8, 2018

In my opinion, they are both really great watches. I wear each of them in regular rotation and have no complaints about either. Movement and rotor are silent in the Deep Black vs being able to lightly feel and hear them on the DSOTM. Both watches are very comfortable on the wrist with long term wear and neither of them need to be treated delicately. I think the PO feels a little more substantial due to it's bigger diameter and thickness.

Honestly, it will be all personal preference as to which you will be happier owning. Have you visited an AD/OB to compare them side by side?

7. Clownie Feb 8, 2018

Regarding the 3313, I HAD a racing but I sold it. I failed to edit that. Going to try on today. Thanks lads/lasses

8. Meme-Dweller Feb 8, 2018

I would personally say the Speedy DSotM, but since you already have a collection made of Speedys, a PO wouldn't hurt.

9. Clownie Feb 8, 2018

The color was the black and white. The blue, red and orange were too much for me. If I did get a color accent, it’d be the orange.

htiek likes this.
  10. Sygiles Feb 8, 2018

Black and white !
    Does anyone know about 331.10.42.51.01.001 I’ve seen this for sale as a 2018 and I’m looking to buy my first omega!

11. htiek Feb 8, 2018

Stealthy combo

12. Clownie Feb 8, 2018

The watches in question on the wrist from today.

13. Clownie Feb 8, 2018

htiek likes this.
  14. Clownie Feb 8, 2018

Sorry about double pic post

15. Bushido Feb 9, 2018

16. Clownie Feb 9, 2018

Honestly, I liked both a lot for different reasons.

The DSOTM was pimptastic obviously. It's profile was polite'er but neither are not for the faint of heart. Interestingly, the Deep Black PO strap comes straight down off the lugs and that helps it wear smaller. The strap is slick as hell. I would have preferred a rubber lining for the DSOTM.

Being that I have 3 speedys, I'm leaning Deep Black. Even though, speedys are like ass, "ain't no such thing as too much".

Scarily enough, I'm debating jettisoning a Panerai to get both :) (I need help for sure).

Bushido and htiek like this.