Forums Latest Members
  1. Rjt Jan 24, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hi all!

I'm new to the forums but I wouldn't say I'm new to watch collecting. Most of the pieces I've accumulated thus far have been post 1995. I've fallen in love with the timeless military stylings of the WWII era issue pieces. The omegas seem to be more common and given my budgetary restraints this helps keep the cost down.

It is however, my first vintage piece. I've read countless write ups on fakes / bits and piecers and what to look for and what to avoid but I would like some help with the following assumptions I've made:

1) From what I gather, this watch is a 1945(?) RAF Military Omega.

2) the dial appears to be original

3) the crown appears to have been replaced

4) from other pieces I've found the hands appear different? Are they replacement or were they originally issued like this?

5) the numbers and markings correspond with British issue pieces from that period

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know patina isn't for everyone but I absolutely love the appearance of this watch and want to get a better understanding of what to look for before I take the plunge.

Rob

2. Rjt Jan 25, 2015

?? Nothing?? I'd appreciate any opinions or advice...

3. marturx Jan 25, 2015

Hi and welcome to the forum!

To keep it short, not a collectible specimen. Personally I would move on, to seek a better example

4. Rjt Jan 25, 2015

Thanks...you may have just saved me some money :)

Any resources worth looking through off the top of your head regarding watches from this era?

5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 25, 2015

6. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Jan 25, 2015

Northernman likes this.
  7. agee Jan 25, 2015

Hands look like MOD replacements-not Omega
    Look like Vertex WWW hands
    Omegas ,and Record, are common- 25000 produced, but highly sought after and command high prices

8. agee Jan 25, 2015

Here's mine for comparison-there are pictures of others in other posts on this site- good luck
    003.JPG

redpcar likes this.
  9. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 25, 2015

Not an RAF watch. MoD...