Forums Latest Members
  1. sirish19 Mar 20, 2015

Hi All, I have recently bought a 2002 Speedy Pro ref. 3572.50 that I plan to give to my son about 6-8 years from now for his birthday (2002 is his birth year). Anyway, it doesn't seem to wind properly. When I try to wind clockwise (like with my other Speedy with no issue), I might get 1-2 turns and then it is too tight to wind any more. It might tick a little but then will stop. I can, however, actually wind it counterclockwise and the clock will run correctly. Tried it last night and it is running fine after about 12 hours. One strange thing is that I can't seem to be able to fully wind as it doesn't seem to stop and not wind any more when I go counterclockwise. Any idea about this and what I should do? My plan was to store it and then take it out for service a few months before I give it to him but wondering I should have it looked at now. The shop where I bought it does have some warranty (although I bought it on auction and it would be a little hassle to send it back).

Appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks.

2. alam Mar 20, 2015

Interesting. I did not know cc winding was possible. A possible and temporary fix is to turn the watch 180 degrees, placing the crown on the left side and you will be able to wind turning clockwise :p I would send for service immediately, seriously. :coffee:

sirish19 and lwong like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 20, 2015

This watch does not wind when the crown is turned CCW. If you can't wind it CW any longer, and it's not running as it should, it needs to be serviced.

Cheers, Al

sirish19 likes this.
  4. KIMBER Mar 20, 2015

Sounds like you should deal with that "little hassle" of sending it back for repair. Once back and working you can store till gift time then a full service. Great gift idea!

sirish19 likes this.
  5. sirish19 Mar 20, 2015

Thanks Al, looks like I'll be sending it back to get it in working condition.

Cheers,

Stephen