Forums Latest Members

Help whit a Girard Perregaux Gyromatic

1. Prometeus Jan 24, 2019

Hello everyone!

I would need advice since a few months ago I made a swap with another collector and among the pieces I received was this watch that I do not want to keep, I'll see if I can put it on sale in my Ebay account. Since I want the sales operation to be clear, I would need to be told if there are spare parts or something that should be highlighted at the time of publication, I do not want anyone to feel cheated when buying.

The watch in general seems to be original, the central second hand seems suspicious to me, since I do not see that it matches the general aesthetics of the watch, but as I do not know this mark (Girard Perregaux in general I do not like it, except for its chronographs) is that I ask you to take a look and tell me if there is something else that is not original or that does not correspond to the model.

Thanks in advance for any contribution they could make.

DSC_0797.JPG DSC_0798.JPG DSC_0801.JPG DSC_0804.JPG DSC_0806.JPG
  2. Dan S Jan 24, 2019

I agree with about the seconds hand. It seems mismatched and a bit too short. But who knows?

Prometeus likes this.
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 24, 2019

The hour and minute hands don't look right to me either. The crown should be gold rather than silver, although it is possible that the plating was polished off.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

Prometeus likes this.
  4. Prometeus Jan 24, 2019

I think the same that you. Thanks Dan S!

5. Prometeus Jan 24, 2019

I also thought that the hands of hours and minutes did not match, but then I found an old Ebay publication where there was a model with the similar dial and very similar hands. But maybe you're right and it's not the originals, I really do not know.

Thanks for your help Gatorcpa!

girard 1.jpg
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 24, 2019

Prometeus likes this.
  7. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jan 25, 2019

IMG_20190125_141618__01.jpg

Tip of second hand broke off a few years ago.

Prometeus likes this.