Forums Latest Members

Help wanted: buying this 145.012-67 Speedmaster 321

1. Misterred May 28, 2015

If I were to buy this watch, for let's say €3000 (= +/- $3300) based on the following information:

Omega Speedmaster
    Caliber 321
    Reference 145012-67
    Serial number 26.5XX.XXX
    Comes with an extract and original box

What would you say? What is wrong with this one? It looks so clean to me. And sort of, a deal too good to be true.....

Omega speedmaster 321_01.JPG Omega speedmaster 321_02.JPG Omega speedmaster 321_03.JPG
  2. lwong May 28, 2015

Wrong chrono hand, sides look a touch too polished, and I'm guessing the tritium has been removed. Quick google also suggests this was previously sold for €2,700 - so that gives you some bargaining leeway (unless you're the current seller, of course!).

3. Misterred May 28, 2015

No I am not the seller. I think I will pass on this one and save for a 2998 Speedmaster. Far more elegant with those hands in my opinion. But I still think this one is not a bad deal after all.

4. JohnSteed May 28, 2015

Welcome !!

I would like to see pics of the movement to know what's under the hood to give a good idea

That said, Dial seems fair (not great) since it appears the hour plots are white and the Lume scraped off;not is is bad lighting? There could be some case polishing however I would need better pics to see how much polishing or if it's merely incorrect finishing of the surface.

Chrono hand not a deal killer IMHO but hour/minute hands don't seem to match as the Lume seems different in each. Were these hand redone? Not necessarily deal killers but to be considered with the other info.

Bezel has the dot over 90 and seems in great condition !!! Bracelet also seems he correct type but....get more pics

You should ask for more pics (or post here if you have them) of caseback, movement, sides, etc for the other experts to give you a better sense of it all.

Oh....You may already know this - a nice 2998 could cost triple this example. Save up! Good luck!!

5. lwong May 28, 2015

I was offered a 2998-6 that was exactly triple the offer price on this 145.012 (so 9,000 euros), so I can certainly back that last sentence up... And it wasn't even particularly good!

JohnSteed likes this.
  6. JohnSteed May 28, 2015

lwong likes this.
  7. Misterred May 28, 2015

I'll go and ask for more and more detailed pictures. I rather buy a great unique piece for more money, than an average piece that comes cheaper. But this one still crosses me as a pretty good deal: even if hands are not original, the bezel looks great, it has the original bracelet, and price seems more than fair. But I have my doubts about this one. And with doubts I rather not buy.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 28, 2015

Chrono hand is fine if its a later 145.012

9. repoman May 28, 2015

Agree with @dsio, chrono hand is fine, my all original '67 has the same flat end style which is very commonly seen on 145.012-67's. I echo earlier comments on the dial - its not great, but its not terrible either. Scraping off lume loses all the character. Hands, case polishing, etc. not great but not deal breakers. The bezel and bracelet are very very interesting here, and in my mind make the deal. Both are worth around $1.5k USD or so, which significantly reduces the overall risk. Still, a movement pic of decent quality is a must before purchase.

Overall, I would not say its a deal too good to be true, but I would say its a pretty good pick up for someone.