Forums Latest Members
  1. Koshala May 16, 2018

Can someone help me to identify the year and the model of the following Omega Seamaster . Also any recommendations where to buy and authentic strap for this watch. Lastly I would like to replace the glass on this watch. How much would it cost, where can I order online?

upload_2018-5-16_8-29-34.png

upload_2018-5-16_8-30-2.png

upload_2018-5-16_8-32-35.png

2. Gordon Heavyfoot May 16, 2018

The model is Seamaster, approx. mid to late 60's. To determine more exactly you'll have to take photos of the reference number found on the inside caseback and the serial on the movement. Any competent, experienced watchmaker can replace the crystal for you and source one that's OEM but it's even better if you utilize a watchmaker who has an Omega parts account. At any rate, you should also have the watch fully serviced if you're unsure of when this was last done. Costs vary greatly. Expect to pay anywhere from $200USD and up for a crystal replacement and service, more if replacement parts are needed. Cheers.

Koshala likes this.
  3. Anj May 16, 2018

If the scratches aren't too deep, I'd suggest using an acrylic abrasive paste like Polywatch. Mine were quite noticeable with lots of hairline scratches and after buffing it out a bit with just the paste + cotton ball, made the crystal look brand new. Will save you quite a bit.

Koshala likes this.
  4. Koshala May 16, 2018

Thank you very much and I will try to find Polywatch locally if not will order online..

Anj likes this.
  5. Koshala May 16, 2018

Thank you for the reply

6. Dan S May 16, 2018

You can buy genuine Omega straps from an Omega boutique. Also, it looks like Ofrei still has some Omega straps in stock (http://www.ofrei.com/page748.html). However, in my opinion, they are extremely expensive for what you get.

fnzeee and connieseamaster like this.