Forums Latest Members
  1. Maradona May 12, 2012

I would be very grateful if someone could help me to identify this Seamaster 600 (year, number produced, level of originality, approx. value etc.). Thanks for your help.

photo (4).JPG photo (5).JPG photo (6).JPG

2. ulackfocus May 12, 2012

Hi. Can't tell you the exact year without a clear picture of the movement and it's serial number, but I can say that series was made in the early/mid 60's. It looks like a 135.0011 which housed a caliber 601. The movement was created in 1960 and used into the 70's. The case was introduced in 1962 and used into the late 60's (I think). The hands look correct for that reference and the dial is one of the options offered. Can't be 100% sure of the crown because there were so many variables. I also don't know if the number produced can be attained. As far as value, these seem to sell anywhere between $500 to $850 usually. I'm sure if this is offered at a dealer the asking price is anywhere from a little higher to ludicrous. If it has been serviced properly and has a warranty offered with it you might be able to justify spending a hundred or two more maybe - depends on how much you want it.

3. Maradona May 12, 2012

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I like the model, and even more with this particular face. Since I'm not a collector I had no idea about the value of the watch, hence my questions here. I'll try to get some more information about the movement.