Help to clarify model / authenticity

Hello there!
I have looked at this watch for my daughter, but am in doubt about the model / authenticity of it.
If anyone can help from the pictures of the watch, it would be a great help.
The Watch is 23mm.
/Kim

Hi Kim, and welcome to the forums!

A better question might be "My daughter is xx years old and enjoys yy and zz. I'm thinking of buying her an Omega, and my budget is $$. What do you reckon might be a good choice?"

This particular watch looks mid-70s and is a particular style that probably doesn't have many fans here -- but if speaks to your daughter, and the price is right, go for it!

It’s an 80’s piece by the serial number.

probably quartz. It’s worth gold scrap value.

Hello Kim and welcome to the forum.

@Foo2rama would the dial not specify that it’s quartz if it is? Maybe best to check with the seller in case Kim’s daughter has a preference?

Also perhaps make sure the watch is working properly. Repairs can be complicated or expensive for someone who’s not used to it.

Quite genuine. An Omega De Ville from the "Ile de France" collection dating to around 1992.
Possibly housing a caliber 1378 quartz movement.
The medallion on the caseback is the revised De Ville symbol called "Chicago Skyline" introduced in 1981.

To confirm, a pic of the markings inside the caseback are required.

Hello Kim and welcome to the forum.

@Foo2rama would the dial not specify that it’s quartz if it is? Maybe best to check with the seller in case Kim’s daughter has a preference?

Also perhaps make sure the watch is working properly. Repairs can be complicated or expensive for someone who’s not used to it.

my read knowing it’s at least an 80’s piece from the serial, is that quartz would not have been denoted. Also this would not be hand wound. So I’d expect automatic on the dial or nothing with nothing generally denoting quartz.

my read knowing it’s at least an 80’s piece from the serial, is that quartz would not have been denoted. Also this would not be hand wound. So I’d expect automatic on the dial or nothing with nothing generally denoting quartz.

Thanks for the tutorial 👍
PS - the city profile at the back does have a bit of a « Parisian » feel doesn’t it @JimInOz ?

I would say as a lady, if it is solid gold it’s a pretty nice watch. I too would tell Kim go for it if the price is right and your daughter likes it, but perhaps you should take your daughter to try on various sizes in a big store to make sure she likes that type of size on her wrist.

It will be a nice outing and ensure she’s comfortable with the purchase as the gold means it will cost at least a few hundred dollars. Also is the bracelet solid gold and is it signed Omega?
That would make a significant price difference too.
Edited:

Thanks for the tutorial 👍
PS - the city profile at the back does have a bit of a « Parisian » feel doesn’t it @JimInOz ?

Paris?

I don't know, I can hardly remember Paris 🙁.

We were booked in for a holiday in July 2020 and heading to Paris and then on to Switzerland. All of that turned to crap though.

Once this is under control and international travel becomes normal again, we shall definitely be heading your way.

As to the symbol, it has an Art Deco look about it don't you think?