Forums Latest Members
  1. askay2k Feb 1, 2015

Hello everyone, I am new to here, nice to meet you all.
    Something has been bothering me and I am hoping to get some help from here. About 7 months ago, I bought one of the Aqua Terras, the Captain's Watch. Very recently, I noticed something odd: a strange sound, say if I hold the watch flat, and shake it in an up and down motion gently, I can hear and feel something as if the movement is lose in the case. I don't really know too much about the structure of a watch and that is the best I can come up with to describe it. It's not just the sound alone, I can also feel the loose part inside which means it must carry a bit of weight.
    With the direction I was shaking it, the rotor should not be in play, therefore I doubt it was from the rotor. Time keeping wise, it's still pretty good, about +2 sec/day.
    I can remember that when I first bought the watch, I did some tests like that and I cannot recall such sound. If there was, I should have picked up straight away.
    The nearest service centre is about 500km away, I am hoping to get some of your valuable opinions before I send the watch in.
    Cheers.

2. Canuck Feb 8, 2015

The rotor on almost any automatic is bound to rattle a bit. I know of some automatic wind mechanisms that may be less prone to rattle (i e some Pateks). I would need to listen to it to determine if (IMO) it rattled more than might be expected.