Forums Latest Members
  1. Bhenry04 Jul 2, 2015

Hi Everyone,

This afternoon I was removing the case back and dust cap on my speedmaster to take some photos of the movement as I am preparing to sell my speedy. As I was using my case knife to pop off the dust cap, the movement popped out a little bit. I GENTLY got it back into place, but now the reset function on the chrono is stuck in the "on" position. When I press the start button the chrono runs normally, but when I push it again to stop it just resets. You can see in the photo below where the top reset plunger looks normal but the function is stuck in the movement. Any advice as to how I can fix this? Thanks!

image.jpg
  2. robocaspar Jul 2, 2015

The movement holder ring is probably blocking the reset pin. I would try unscrewing and lifting the movement holder up a little and see if it unblocks it, that is if you are comfortable doing so yourself. Otherwise bring it to a watchmaker who can fix it relatively fast

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 3, 2015

Most likely you have bent something in the movement and the stem bolt is not engaging with the reset hammer when you start the chrono.

4. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jul 3, 2015

I think it's the zero action pusher that has fallen off ? . It's the part which has number 1784 .
    it's easy to fix . But you have to lift the movement out . The operating lever for hour hammer should push on the zero action lever . It looks like the operating lever is missing on the picture .
    ome910hrpartsa.jpg

5. Bhenry04 Jul 8, 2015

Thanks everyone! I took it to a local shop and had them take a look. The reset pin was blocked and they fixed it for me, no charge.

rogart likes this.
  6. KIMBER Jul 8, 2015

Good deal. Be careful and enjoy your stay.

7. TNTwatch Jul 8, 2015

You just created a fly-back 861 movement, a rare creature. :p

EdtheAussie likes this.