Forums Latest Members

HELP SERVICING VINTAGE LEONIDAS CP2 FLYBACK CHRONOGRAPH ASSIGNED?

1. watchthirst Apr 15, 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I've heard amazing things about this community and am really excited to have the privilege to interact with everyone part of the omega forums community.

I was hoping some of you watch gurus can point me in the right direction in servicing a vintage Leonidas to get it back to it's original state.

I've contacted the special Heuer department in Switzerland to see if they would service this Leonidas or any Leonidas in general and they won't, nor do they have any parts for them.

I'm wondering where I could service this watch to replace the dial and hands to originals. Maybe there is a supplier that carries old parts for these?

The dial you see on the watch in the picture was completely refinished, at least I strongly believe it was. The lume was removed from the numerals. The hands were relumed and I can tell because the chrono hand does not match the lume on the hour and minute hand. Everything else on the watch is in great shape and original, including the movement.

This is an assigned Leonidas CP2 that I purchased from a reputable dealer in central Rome Italy.

I would really like to get this CP2 back to its original state, its just been so difficult. I've scouted eBay for weeks and absolutely no luck. I'm more concerned about the dial than I am about the hands.

It just doesn't quite feel the same wearing this without a proper original dial.

I would be so grateful for a lead.

IMG_7583.jpg
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 15, 2016

Father Time antiques - Chicago
    RGM Watch Company - Mount Joy PA

3. Hijak Apr 15, 2016

Don't use Father Time in Chicago, they are way too expensive and are not trustworthy!:( I've had a bad experience with them.

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 15, 2016

Expensive yes . I've had no issues.

5. Hijak Apr 15, 2016

They tried to charge me over $900 for an overhaul of a simple three hander, that's not just expensive...it's robbery!:eek:

6. watchthirst Apr 15, 2016

Thanks for the recommendation, cub appreciated. Since I'm out in NY and wouldn't want to take on any risks associated with shipping the watch, do you think they would be open to selling a dial for this watch over the phone ?

7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 15, 2016

Yikes!

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 15, 2016

Still I will continue to use them.

khmt2 likes this.
  9. watchthirst Apr 16, 2016

Bump

10. redline2552 Apr 24, 2016

If you pm me I have an email for a seller in Itay that has a used Leonidas Ami CP2 dial. They were asking 250 euro. I'll give you all there info and pics. They also sell on eBay. -John

watchthirst likes this.
  11. redline2552 Apr 24, 2016

Craig at chronodeco is also very good with Bunds and Leonidas ami, but has a long wait list. He is also very reasonably priced and has quick turn around.

12. watchthirst Apr 24, 2016

Thanks redline !