Forums Latest Members

Help Seiko Presage Crystal replacement

1. cal3.2.1 Jul 30, 2021

Hello, I have a Seiko Presage SRPD37 that is truly an amazing watch. Unfortunately it had an encounter with an abrasive material and now the hardlex crystal has been scratched beyond repair. I have located an OEM replacement crystal listed here:

SEIKO 360A07HN01 HARDLEX GLASS WATCH CRYSTAL FOR PRESAGE COCKTAIL SRPB41 SRPB77 | eBayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I have read that a UV crystal adhesive would likely be best to use to secure a new crystal on the watch. As I have not had to use a crystal adhesive, can anyone recommend the best possible technique to use and any particular adhesive that I should use? Thanks for the help!

edit: I see some crystals for the watch made out of Saphire crystal instead of Hardlex, would it be worth the upgrade since it needs replacing anyway?

2. Walrus Jul 30, 2021

One of the complaints I read on many of the presage, especially the more expensive ones, is seiko using that hardlex. If you really like the watch and a sapphire crystal is within reason I think it would be a sensible upgrade