Forums Latest Members
  1. LordJimothy Aug 17, 2012

Hello,
    My wife bought the below Omega Seamaster at a vintage fair. We have had it authenticated by a known dealer, but they didn't really give us much more information. I know that it is gold plated and part of the Seamaster Range (!) but would like to know if anyone has any more ideas, or any potential value.

As an aside does anyone know where I can get Omega buckles or whole straps for a reasonable price?

Thanks! Omega.JPG

2. ulackfocus Aug 17, 2012

Welcome! Looks like a 70's watch with a caliber from the 1000 series (100x or 101x). These usually sell for $150 - $250 depending on condition and if a service has been performed or not.

3. LordJimothy Aug 17, 2012

cheers - had a look inside at the fair and it looks tidy and keeps perfect time.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 17, 2012

Genuine current style Omega watchbands are very expensive (over $150). IMO they add very little to the appeal of a vintage watch. I'm not sure which style of buckle these watches originally had, so I can't say if they are still avaliable or not. I do know that Ofrei.com and Jules Borel stock current style Omega buckles which are reasonably priced for steel and gold plate.

http://www.ofrei.com/page572.html

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 18, 2012

Its a nice piece for daily wear and a good solid reliable entrypoint into vintage mechanical Omegas, just don't over-invest in this piece and set the money you would spend aside for your next watch and step up the ladder, maybe a nice Seamaster or Constellation perhaps, definitely don't go buying new genuine Omega straps for this watch, the strap will be worth nearly as much as the watch