Forums Latest Members
  1. PaulG Vintage Heuer Connoisseur Jan 11, 2014

I am not a regular poster on this forum simply because I have little knowledge of or any more Omega's in my collection. I have had a few over the years but nothing special and they have all moved on. But I am active on OnTheDash and occasionally here on the Zenith and UG page but more lurking than contributing. So to the point. As an active vintage Heuer watch collector I have seen and admired the early Speedmasters for some time and may have found the perfect watch - a 2998-2. It is a very fine example from a dealer. The price is high but the watch is superb. So superb in fact that I am now scratching my head and asking how is this possible. Of course its always possible but these days less and less likely. So I am looking for some help with the piece. I don’t wish to offend or annoy anyone but etiquette means I cannot post any pictures. So if there is anyone who wishes to help a fellow enthusiast (granted, from the other side) I would be most grateful for a private message and take it from there.
    Many thanks and best regards
    Paul
    www.heuerworld.com

2. Mothra Jan 11, 2014

I don't have the skills to help - others will, but can you at least let us know the outcome?

3. PaulG Vintage Heuer Connoisseur Jan 11, 2014

Thanks to the forum for accommodating my request and for those who have been so helpful. Sadly, this piece will not be finding its way to me and so I will not be able to share it with you. Hopefully some day soon I will find the straight lug Speedmaster with my name on it.
    regards
    Paul
    www.heuerworld.com

4. Mothra Jan 12, 2014

Shame. Still, glad you know...