Forums Latest Members

Help regarding selling in Ebay

1. AJwala Mar 25, 2019

Hi All
    I noticed members selling watches and parts in Ebay, i seek advice from them. I tried to list some Omega watch parts in Ebay but the system said that I am not allowed to sell in that category. I mailed them a few times but I didnt get any reply from them. I am new to this and all the way from Nepal. I followed all the process and steps that the system asked, I put in all the details, pictures, descriptions etc, but still the system said I was not allowed to sell in that category. Requesting somebody please guide me with this.

2. Davidt Mar 25, 2019

It's unlikely you'll get much solid advise on this as it sounds like your fine with the mechanics of listing the items for sale, there's just an issue with your account preventing you from doing so.

eBay will get back to you within a day or two so I'd wait to hear their advise.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. AJwala Mar 25, 2019

Dear David, Thank you so much for your reply! Yes i did follow all the steps.

I have mailed them and followed up 3-4 times but never got a reply till date. Dont know what to do. :(

4. ras47 Mar 25, 2019

One thing I'd advise is requiring a confirmed PayPal account for anyone to bid. You'll get scammer after scammer bidding if you don't.

AJwala and Foo2rama like this.
  5. Dan S Mar 25, 2019

Is it the category, or the amount of the listing, or something else? Can you post a screenshot of the actual error message?

6. AJwala Mar 25, 2019

Thanks for this info. Didn't know about this.

7. AJwala Mar 25, 2019

Thank you Dan for the reply .it's category error. Will share a screenshot soon!

8. AJwala Mar 26, 2019

Hi Dan, This is the error i get. I have not listed a single product in EBAY but still I am getting this error. I mailed them many times in the id proved by never received a single reply. dont know what to do :(

upload_2019-3-26_12-53-18.png

9. Ray7 Mar 26, 2019

That means your country and all ebay members from it are in area territory where ebay doesn't allow you to sell watches at the specific category you select.

AJwala likes this.
  10. AJwala Mar 26, 2019

Thanks Ray, understood :) The disadvantages of living in a third world country :(

11. Ray7 Mar 26, 2019

Just stick around here and try to get trust by selling one or two watches to OF members. For Ebay you have the option to do as they said "create a business plan and email them" but this is a long route to take.

12. AJwala Mar 26, 2019

Ya, ebay doesnt seem to be the option for me. this group is definately amazing with experts who give good advice.

13. DanMarin Mar 26, 2019

It seems that eBay has different rules from each country..i never received that error message even when i start selling on eBay but for me the best option to contact them was the chat system which i am very glad that they have it..and it's very annoying for me that paypal dose not have same system of communication..

AJwala likes this.
  14. Omegafanman Mar 26, 2019

15. AJwala Mar 26, 2019

Thank you for the advice. I never thought that chat was also an option. I will surely use the chat box to contact them!

16. AJwala Mar 26, 2019

Ah ok. had read about this new service they had launched. I will surely find out about it more. True, if i get better price internationally i wont mind paying certain fees to Ebay. Indeed, i have tried Chrono24, they dont charge for parts listing i guess but they do take an upfront amount for watches. Thanks alot for your guidance :)