Forums Latest Members

Help purchasing a vintage seamaster.

1. psena1 Oct 24, 2017

Hi guys.

I'm new here and this is my first post. Right off the bat I would like to ask you to pardon my ignorance, but I need your help in purchasing my first Omega, preferably a vintage Seamaster. I noticed that this site has actions, but it seems like everything listed has already been sold, or am I just not looking at the page there right way? Also, I've been looking at places like such as etsy, and have seen a couple of nice watches but I have no idea if they are indeed the real thing, or if they are overpriced and worthy of my investment. Is their a source that I can turn to in order to learn more about vintage Seamasters, or at least a database where I can check serial numbers to see if the watches I'm currently looking at are real?

Sincerely,
    Phil

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 24, 2017

3. Davidt Oct 24, 2017

Also, the auction pages are generally links to eBay. The 'Private watch sales' section is a good place to start, but don't jump straight in. Do a search on the forum for vintage Seamasters, read some threads and take your time.

4. No.15 Oct 24, 2017

Second the watch sale section. It has been my experience that most of the sellers here have integrity. If they don't they get called out pretty fast :). There are usually some good Seamasters often.

5. Damo Oct 25, 2017

Research research and research.

This place has been a font of knowledge for me, very informative members and threads and definitely worth sticking about for.

watch3s likes this.
  6. watch3s Nov 22, 2017

vintage omega and vintage watches in general can be a mine field, tread carefully. research and be patient. i remember screwing up with vintage seamaster as well. case was corroded when opened :( havent tried again.

7. Longbow Nov 23, 2017

Damo likes this.
  8. Edward53 Nov 23, 2017

@psena1 your initial post is a bit vague, do you prefer 50s, 60s or 70s style? Auto or manual? Date or no date? What's your location? All of these things make it a lot easier for others to help point you in the right direction.