Forums Latest Members
  1. chunksoft Nov 6, 2018

Could anyone identify the watch from the picture attached, the watch is with Omega at the moment. Watch.jpeg

2. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

Can you tell us what watch it came with? Any pictures of it? Strange request...

Anyways looks like they scrambled which fields all the info goes into. The 19,xxx,xxx number is presumably the movement number which should match the inside of the watch. Google the other numbers and see what comes up.

3. chunksoft Nov 6, 2018

Yes will do as I said the watch is with Omega at the moment, it was in a bit of a state, I will google away :)

4. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

Is the watch a chronograph... Is it a gold watch... Did it have a date feature...?

5. chunksoft Nov 6, 2018

Watch1.JPG Watch3.JPG Watch2.JPG Hi its silver in colour and does have a date feature was purchased 1965 someone said its a moonwatch.

I have found some pictures

JimJupiter and chronoboy64 like this.
  6. mr_yossarian Nov 6, 2018

The Watch is with Omega right now?? Tell them to at least return all parts they will exchange for gods sake!

felsby, chronoboy64 and superfly like this.
  7. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

Oh dang. ::popcorn::

It's a straight writing speedy. I would try to take it back from omega... They will only do things to lower the value and appeal of the watch to collectors. They'll also charge you a fortune. How long ago did you drop it off?

If you can't get it back before they send it off for servicing, Insist that no parts be changed and all parts are returned to you. Every part of this watch is valuable. EVERY single part.

It's an awesome watch. I don't know tons about these but more people will chime in.

superfly likes this.
  8. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

To his question: does anyone have a sense of what the papers may mean? They don't seem to specify that it's a straight writing, do they?

9. mr_yossarian Nov 6, 2018

I can just make a wild guess but I have seen this before: Catalogue numbers instead of the actual reference.

chunksoft likes this.
  10. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 6, 2018

I am missing something here... It is from '65 and does not have straight writing.

But for the OP -- this is a valuable watch, and anything done to it that replaces original parts will cut the value by thousands and thousands of dollars. That 'ghost bezel' alone is worth a couple/ few thousand dollars, yet Omega will pull it off and replace it with a shiny new one.

They will also replace the original hands, and likely polish the case. All huge no-nos in the collector world.

michael e, bazamu and superfly like this.
  11. Dan S Nov 6, 2018

Case-back looks like pre-moon to me. Not straight writing. Reference appears to be 105.003.

12. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

I meant straight lug. Apologies to all.

chronoboy64 and Dan S like this.
  13. chunksoft Nov 6, 2018

Thank you guys sadly the refurbishment is already on going but I have asked for all the parts to be sent back with the watch

the burning question is what's the value after refurbishment (ball park figure anyone?)

14. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

The money that went towards "refurbishment" essentially is money wasted. Watch was worth much more before being touched by Omega. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Look at the 105.003's in this chart. Not sure where yours will end up falling after it gets a fresh polish from omega.
    http://speedmaster101.com/price-chart-2/

15. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

Note for us collectors: If the papers are correct, this is a NAAFI speedy (see stamp on bottom). :thumbsup:

16. chunksoft Nov 6, 2018

Thank you I wish o wish I had come here first, I am guessing the parts will be worth some money.

17. chunksoft Nov 6, 2018

Yes he was in the Army in Germany when he purchased it I still have the box as well

18. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

How long ago did you drop it off by Omega? Are you sure you can't send a message to at least not polish the case. I think all other damage they do could be reversed. Either way, there will be value in the watch when all parts are put back together... You won't have to sell it for parts.

Also, please tell us more of the story of the watch. How you got it, who this original owner "he" is etc. :)

19. chunksoft Nov 6, 2018

the refurb is almost complete I believe, its my partners fathers watch he bought it 1965 while he was serving in Germany, he ended up living in the south of france, would you believe this watch was just thrown in a draw full of junk I was clearing the place and noticed it.

20. chunksoft Nov 6, 2018

I have to say this is by far the best forum I have been on thank you all so much for your help I am just sad I didn't do this before my partner wanted to refurbish it, would I dare wear it :)