Forums Latest Members
  1. bags1971 Jul 9, 2016

hi all

i just purchased a omega speedmaster reduced very cheap but is a non runner it looks like it needs a new balance wheel spring

ive looked online for a cal 3220 balance complete am i correct in saying its the ETA 2892

2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jul 9, 2016

With all due respect, and not knowing your levels of watchmaking expertise, this looks like a job for a competent watchmaker who can hopefully source the correct parts you require. This gives some more information http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?34317-Review-of-the-Omega-Speedmaster-Automatic

See this for some idea of the complexity http://watchguy.co.uk/service-omega-speedmaster-calibre-1140-dubois-depraz-3220-with-eta-2890-2/ not the same setup as yours but similar.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure one of the proper horologists will be along to correct me :)

3. bags1971 Jul 9, 2016

hi mouse

i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole my expertise is 1% i just wanted the part to take with me as i had a bad experience with a rolex trusting them and getting ripped off so i allways take the part i need with the watch

4. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jul 9, 2016

I respect the recognition of your level of expertise, which is on a par with mine. That's why I'd defer to a watchmaker whenever possible, including a diagnosis of the fault and a cost and parts to rectify it.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 9, 2016

Sounds like you should be asking about a new watchmaker instead of having to have to get the parts yourself. ;)
    A competent watchmaker with a Omega parts account should have no drama fixing your watch and getting the parts needed.

tyrantlizardrex and Foo2rama like this.
  6. bags1971 Jul 9, 2016

thanks guys think you right im going to take to a local recommended watch repairer

7. Dufresne Jul 13, 2016

Ask the new watchmaker if he's serviced a Reduced before--with the DD chrono module present, it's not your run of the mill ETA service job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk