Forums Latest Members

Help please with Art Deco car dashboard clock with lightning styled fingers

1. jove14 Jun 18, 2017

Hi, All.
    I got this on Saturday but have been unable to find out any info about it so have turned to the experts on here.
    It’s a beautiful Electric Art Deco Swiss made car dashboard clock with Lightning Styled Fingers set in an alloy case.
    I just love those fingers!!!
    When I opened up the case I found a mostly mechanical movement with a small amount of electrical parts.
    Wouldn’t it have been nice had it said Omega, but it didn't :(
    The movement looks OK so I may buy a 12v regulated supply to try it in the future ( not just now have too much on ).
    There are lots of patents having been applied for on the mechanism plate, does anyone know who applied for them, is there a website I can go to?
    Below the balance are the numbers 52774 do they mean anything to anybody?
    I searched for hours just for those fingers and drew a complete blank.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Joe.

P1070795.JPG.1.jpgv3.jpg P1070796.JPG.1.jpgv3.jpg P1070797.JPG.1.jpgv3.jpg
    Giff2577 likes this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Jun 18, 2017

Brev+ likley indicated Brevet.

Be careful on the voltage, depending on the age, it might be 6v

Giff2577 likes this.
  3. jove14 Jun 18, 2017

Hi.
    Thanks for that, will do on the voltage.
    Joe.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 18, 2017

Did you try a search on Swiss or French patent numbers.

5. Amadeus Jun 18, 2017

hello, to inquire on "REFORM CLOCK MOVEMENT"

JimInOz and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  6. ChrisN Jun 18, 2017

The SGDG should be "Sans Garantie Du Governement". All patent related as the Brev+.

Interesting clock. Can you see how it works? It has a conventional balance by the look of it so I'd imagine the Electronics are just to supply the going force. The gears we can see on the left seem to be the keyless works to set the time so the train appears to all be at the centre and lower area being driven by the long bar with weights.

Be interested to see other photos and what happens if you lift up the right hand weight. Oh, and it needs a clean and service, obviously.

Regards, Chris

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  7. jove14 Jun 18, 2017

Hi.
    I didn't search for swiss or French patent numbers, I got fixated on the fingers!!
    I will search as you have suggested.
    Joe

8. Canuck Jun 18, 2017

Typically, such electric rewind clocks us a solenoid which is controlled by a set of points on a "toggle" mechanism. When the points close, the solenoid activates which shifts an armature which also opens the points, and winds a coil spring. The return of the armature is controlled by a rachet wheel/click mechanism shown in the picture. The ratchet wheel turns as the clock runs, closing the points once more, and the cycle is repeated.

ChrisN, noelekal and Giff2577 like this.
  9. jimmyd13 Jun 18, 2017