Forums Latest Members

HELP PLEASE: Omega Seamaster 2577 with 354 bumper movement crown and stem replacement gone bad

1. rmurphy37 Jul 1, 2016

Good evening to everyone, I need a little bit a help. A friend from the forum was kind enough to send me the correct crown for my watch.
    Now I'm aware of how to take the crown and stem in and out. ( the little spring loaded screw and all )
    Tonight something went wrong ...... I might have turned the screw more than I have before, but nothing excessive I don't think. Maybe 2 full turns instead of 1 1/2. I pulled on the old crown getting ready to depress the spring and it just pulled right on out. The screw will not screw back in either[emoji33]
    I can put the new crown and stem in and it will turn two gears that I can see from the back but it doesn't wind the movement.... The movement was just serviced by the way and two days ago I gave it a wind up after taking the crown and stem in and out and it ran for 36 hours or so.
    Tonight Nada ...... Any ideas?
    Keyless broken maybe?
    Anything I can fix?

Thanks guys and thanks to Matt @Giff2577 for the awesome crown, I hope I didn't ruin my watch.

[emoji631][emoji631]Richard Murphy[emoji631][emoji631]

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 1, 2016

Simplistically, the whole movement will have to be removed, hands removed, dial removed etc etc.

Take it to your watchmaker.

3. rmurphy37 Jul 1, 2016

Damn .... Thanks for answering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Canuck Jul 1, 2016

Rule of thumb when loosening a detent screw. Regular, or Omega type. Loosen the screw in stages, and try pulling the stem out. Tiny steps until the stem pulls out. Likewise the spring loaded ETA type. Suggest you don't make another mistake by trying to fix this yourself!

5. rmurphy37 Jul 1, 2016

I'm not doing it myself for sure, thanks for the advice.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 1, 2016

Loosened the screw too much and messed the positioning of the keyless parts and now will have to take the hands and dial off to reposition the parts correctly.

7. rmurphy37 Jul 1, 2016

I was thinking that's exactly what happened, because I unscrewed first and the went to pull it out to the first position and it came on out.