Forums Latest Members
  1. guillaume May 31, 2014

good afternoon everyone.
    this is my first post on this forum, the main reason being I am pretty new to the UG world.
    yesterday I stopped in front of this aero compax.
    I really liked it and could fall for it. Yet one thing (and maybe you will spot more, sorry I have no pic. of the movement) : it is written UNIVERSAL AERO COMPAX, while all the pics I have seen so far on the internet have UNIVERSAL GENEVE
    Does this lack mean it is a fake, or is it just not common ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thank you very much for your help & time
    best
    Guillaume

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 31, 2014

Guillaume, that's a redial. The printing is uneven, and the subdials are not perfectly centered.

3. guillaume May 31, 2014

Thank you LouS for your si prompt reply.
    It was to good to ne true. I was not familiar with Model and found immediatly in love. is this (genuine of course) quite easy to find or will I have to struggle for months to find one In your opinion?
    thanks again

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 31, 2014

It's typically a long search for a proper example.

5. guillaume May 31, 2014

Thank you.
    So let the hunt begin!

6. woodwkr2 May 31, 2014

It's most certainly a genuine watch... Just re-dialed, which means the dial got an aftermarket paint job.

Good luck on your hunt for an original example.

Do note that the subdial at 12 o'clock does not actually keep time. It was marketed to businessmen as a memo dial for keeping an important meeting time, and for pilots for recording take off time.

7. bubawatch Jun 1, 2014

Dear friends overseas, .. note "Swiss made"::facepalm2::
    Ciao
    A.

papaebetu likes this.
  8. guillaume Jun 1, 2014

Thank you also both Bubawatch and woodwkr2 for your answers tips.
    Yes it seems like my journey is going to be long and complicated ! not to long hopefully!
    cheers

9. rolokr Jun 2, 2014

%100 redial on that Aero-compax. Vintage UG Aero-compax watches are out there! The steel ones show up from time to time on the bay, a 14k gold one went for $3,700 and was the smaller 33 m.m. size ! Steel ones have both round and square pushers, I believe the one I have is 33 m.m. round pushers..I like the ones with the luminous sword style hands , Good luck hunting !