Help on Vintage Omega Seamaster

hi, does anyone know this omega seamaster reference? the case is gold capped and the movement is a bumper 351, it is certainly one of the first references from the 1950s but I could not find anything on the web with even numbers on the dial, I think it is quite rare. Thanks in advance to anyone who will contribute

The reference number will be inside the case-back. There are many dial variations, and not everyone posts photos of their watches on the internet, so you won't always find a perfect match.

Looks like a 2577 SM fat lug, from circa 1950. There are dozens of dial variants, maybe hundreds even so not finding another the same isn't unusual. Can you post a pic of the back?

My first impression is the dial has been messed with. Lumed squares at the even numbers but no lume in the recesses of the odd markers? Just plain weird to me.

There may be remnants of lume at the odd markers. Almost looks like reluming at some odd markers? I agree the dial looks messed with.

My sense is it's original in every respect externally. I wouldn't say that it's rare, but it is collectible.

There may be remnants of lume at the odd markers. Almost looks like reluming at some odd markers? I agree the dial looks messed with.
Known dial variation with alternating inner-dial/hour marker lume points. I would agree that the watch has been re-lumed at some point (7 and 9 hour markers look green in the photo). Seconds hand replaced as well?

omega_image.2133548.jpg

Early ref 2577 sourced in the UK, also cal 351, 11.67M movement number.

omega_image.2133548.jpg

Early ref 2577 sourced in the UK, also cal 351, 11.67M movement number.

11.6m serial with Seamaster on the bottom half of the dial doesn’t sound right - serial is much too early for that.

Regarding the OPs watch: Crown is YG while the case is RG capped.

Mirror numerals on a 2577 dial with Seamaster on the bottom half is uncommon - serial is right at the transition from the dials that said “Seamaster” on the top half to those which had it on the bottom, so that might be ok.

A beveled bezel on a 2577?

And it’d guess it’s not from 1950 but slightly later, 51 probably. Not that that’s particularly relevant. 😁
Edited:

Just curious, but case appears rose gold capped when compared to the crown which looks like yellow gold

Also indexes are yellow gold colored

I found this photo on the net with the same reference. the bezel looks beveled but the indexes are applied. what do you think?

The bezel does not look beveled to me; just like the lugs, it's just polished, all the way through the gold-cap - and then some.