Help on vintage Omega seamaster 166.067 with sparkling dial

Hey everyone, I’m new in this forum.

I would like to know about one omega 166.067 that I just bought to know better which kind of piece it is, and it’s price range.

the case is bigger than other vintage watches, being similar to newer models, going to about 38mm with crown, and an incredible dial known as sparkling dial or stardust dial. The glass is the original one with the brand on it, and in great condition.

can anyone review and tell me the price range? I may think about selling it as well

Know nothing about them, but I do know there is a member here who really likes that model and has quite a number of them

See if you can edit your subject line and put the reference number in it. Maybe he will notice the post

DON

Looks like you have identified it correctly. You can find pricing by searching sold items on eBay, or by looking at previous sales listings in the Private Sales forum on Omegaforums.

You can also sell on eBay, but you're not eligible to sell here until you have participated more on the forum.
Edited:

I would like to know about one omega 166.067 that I just bought to know better which kind of piece it is, and it’s price range.
Search this forum and you will see a number of examples. They are not hugely popular because the case lacks the edges a lot of us enjoy seeing on vintage Omega, and many people mistakenly think it's the result of a great deal of clumsy polishing. It's a matter of taste of course, and I love mine - it's a design that bridges the 1960s aesthetic to the 1970s for me. Ironically, after doing some research you will find that the example you have posted here actually has been subjected to inappropriate polishing, because the case should have a frosty finish, not a shiny one.

I am slightly confused about the request for pricing though - if you just bought one, you will probably have more up-to-date information than any of us.

Know nothing about them, but I do know there is a member here who really likes that model and has quite a number of them

See if you can edit your subject line and put the reference number in it. Maybe he will notice the post

DON
Thanks you! I updated the title

Looks like you have identified it correctly. You can find pricing by searching sold items on eBay, or by looking at previous sales listings in the Private Sales forum on Omegaforums.

You can also sell on eBay, but you're not eligible to sell here until you have participated more on the forum.
I will look for it. I think the dial is really beautiful, so if I don’t sell it is also okay, just wanted to know if it could be a great sell or just not worth it

Search this forum and you will see a number of examples. They are not hugely popular because the case lacks the edges a lot of us enjoy seeing on vintage Omega, and many people mistakenly think it's the result of a great deal of clumsy polishing. It's a matter of taste of course, and I love mine - it's a design that bridges the 1960s aesthetic to the 1970s for me. Ironically, after doing some research you will find that the example you have posted here actually has been subjected to inappropriate polishing, because the case should have a frosty finish, not a shiny one.

I am slightly confused about the request for pricing though - if you just bought one, you will probably have more up-to-date information than any of us.
Thank you for your observation, I didn’t noticed about the polishing

I will look for it. I think the dial is really beautiful, so if I don’t sell it is also okay, just wanted to know if it could be a great sell or just not worth it

Keep or sell ... it's your decision. Nobody else knows how much you paid, how much you like the watch, and how much you need the money.

Double-check those bracelet links. Appears someone might have gotten creative with adding removeable links as they don't exactly match.

I just bought the same watch (without the bracelet) a couple weeks ago, and I love the way it looks. Just to give you an idea, I believe mine has the original frosty finish that TimeODanaos mentioned above.
C2504E9A-C417-4AA2-9D6A-AD9F1E2D4C90.jpeg F201BEB7-62A3-4230-B788-4E21C1C72FE6.jpeg

I just bought the same watch (without the bracelet) a couple weeks ago, and I love the way it looks. Just to give you an idea, I believe mine has the original frosty finish that TimeODanaos mentioned above.
C2504E9A-C417-4AA2-9D6A-AD9F1E2D4C90.jpeg F201BEB7-62A3-4230-B788-4E21C1C72FE6.jpeg
Beautiful what but yeah it’s the same!

Double-check those bracelet links. Appears someone might have gotten creative with adding removeable links as they don't exactly match.
There is 2 pins not original, although the links are in my opinion

The 2 circled links look narrower and have a more brushed finish, than the rest of the polled bracelet. At least to me.
66497BC6-D6FC-4A6A-946E-89606B85AEF5.jpeg

The 2 circled links look narrower and have a more brushed finish, than the rest of the polled bracelet. At least to me.
66497BC6-D6FC-4A6A-946E-89606B85AEF5.jpeg
I looked at it now and it doesn’t look so much, it could be the light effect

I agree with the comments above. Most of the Omega BOR bracelets I own do taper in width, but more gradually than as shown in that photo. So it’s possible that narrower removable links were used or that a transitional permanent link was removed, leading to a dramatic jump in width.