Forums Latest Members
  1. Manolo May 21, 2017

Hi, I am a new member of this forum, I was looking some info regarding an Omega Seamaster vintage I got months ago, however I could not find anything else but aprox mfg date...1950's based in the serial No. stamped inside and the Omega Logo stamped in the cristal ( need a magnifier glass to see it)....not sure if this is fake or not? ......I am attaching 3 photos for reference....would really appreciate any useful info on it or internet site to look at for more specific info....tks in advance for you help.....

IMG_9377.JPG IMG_9378.JPG IMG_9384.JPG
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 21, 2017

Real gold plated. Movement is in the inside and is a 3 digit number

Model number is on the caseback

Serial number is on the movement and is on the millions.

Willem023 likes this.
  3. kreyke May 21, 2017

Very nice dial! Case is not as ideal.

4. Manolo May 21, 2017

Tks Foo2rama for you answer back.....I do have all iinfo you suggested me....Cal 342, Serial No. 13198734, Model No. 2576-17 ( Back Case)....if you can help me with some site or other I can cross refrence this info I would really apreciatte..... I really love this watch either if its original or not but actually I do not know anything else of it....Regards

5. kreyke May 21, 2017

What other information are you hoping to find out about?

It is a real omega watch. You can spend some money to get an extract from omega which tells you where the watch was delivered to but I don't think you can find out much more about it unless you can trace back to the first owner.

6. Hnansen May 21, 2017

The lugs looks so polished that the steel under the gold cap is showing.
    Unless it's a bargain, I would stay away.

7. Manolo May 21, 2017

Tks Kreyke, appreciate your answer back......I was looking for info such as which market this model were sold at? How many of this type has been produced and sold?..was this model the last bumper mechanism placed in the market? ...I tried in the Omega site but I coud not get anything so far....... I will follow your advise, probably on my next trip where I can find an Omega Store......Regards

8. Manolo May 21, 2017

Tks Hnansen for your feedback on this.......I'm not a watch expert but I do like watches a lot...for this model I loved the very first time I saw it, so I could not resist....Regards

9. Willem023 May 21, 2017

Not fake.
    Dial seems original and in a rather good nick.
    Crown is not original to the watch, should most probably be a 'clover' one.
    Case is rather rubbed / polished, showing the metal under the gold-plate. Might be an off-put for the die-hard collector, not for others. Most of the sharp 'edges' and lines are gone for the better part
    Cal looks good and clean. Might need a service no doubt, approx 1953
    Hands are later replacements / the wrong ones for this watch: they should be gold-colored too (might be the angle of the pic)

The 342 was not the last of the bumpers: the 354/355 was, if I am fully right on that (Hoi might ('will'...) now)

Extract to be obtained via the Omega-website. Sets you back approx USD 120

Enjoy the hunt and browse the internet (and this Forum) so you will be able to answer questions for the next guy!!

Here is mine for comparison of dial and crown (cal 352RG, 18K, ref 2577/2520 SC, dial like yours: 'a Clous de Paris' dial, sometimes called hobnail, or "hobbie" to some) all fully original.

Schermafbeelding 2017-05-21 om 21.53.54.png

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 21, 2017

I'm pretty sure they left the factory this way.

Op what more do you want to know?

11. cristos71 May 21, 2017

Like has been said there's not much more to say about this model. The outstanding thing about your watch is its textured dial, known commonly as a waffle dial. These were produced in lesser numbers than more commonly seen dome, not textured, dials. You can Google "1950s Omega waffle dial" and see many of them. Many collectors love them and for good reason too.

This makes it stand out from a lot of the other 2576's out there. The 2576 is quite a common reference with many having been produced. If it were my watch I'd be looking to upgrade the case, to compliment the dial better. I'd be looking on Ebay for a donor 2576 watch, with a yellow goldtop case in excellent condition and hopefully with a terrible redial and a water damaged movement. This way it should be quite cheap to buy.

Swap the cases over and you'll have a very fine watch indeed.

12. Hnansen May 21, 2017

I meant the front of the case ;)
    The gold cap is wearing off at the lugs, is what I was referring to.

Foo2rama likes this.
  13. Manolo May 21, 2017

Tks Cristos71...really appreciate your educational feedback and suggestions, will take them in consideration......regards

cristos71 likes this.
  14. WatchWarlock May 21, 2017

Looks good to me. Perhaps the crown was replaced at some point, but dial is good!

Manolo likes this.
  15. Manolo May 21, 2017

Tks Wilem023 for your feedback and answer to my inquiries.....yours is very beatiful watch...Regards

16. Woodward May 22, 2017