Forums Latest Members
  1. VDuzarte Mar 31, 2016

so this watch was on a bag of old stuff that my grandmother has, and she gave this to me. All i know is that the year is between 1956 and 1958 and the caliber is a 267. Any idea of the model or any additional info? Thanks in advance

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 31, 2016

Everything you need to find what you're looking for is in the photo. Reference is in the case back. Google it.

3. VDuzarte Apr 1, 2016

Yes, I've already done that, but i was just wondering if any of you had something to say about the watch. Thanks for the reply

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2016

Its pretty dirty. Looks to me like a trip to a good watchmaker and a clean up is in order. New plexi is also needed.

5. VDuzarte Apr 1, 2016

Yes, it wasn't well stored unfortunately. How much would it cost to bring it to life? I'm affraid to spend more than i should since I don't know the value of the watch.

Peemacgee likes this.
  6. gop76 Apr 1, 2016

If you wanna restore it properly and sell it with profit, well, that's very unlikely to happen

7. cristos71 Apr 1, 2016

This I'm afraid to say it looks like a right off. Unless it has sentimental value I wouldn't even consider trying to resurrect it. Everything is in poor shape, including the dial which looks badly water damaged. By the time you were finished spending on it you could probably have bought the same model in good original condition for a lot less money. The value as is is negligible, maybe €50-100, as a parts watch.

The reference number is 2900, here is an example:

Omega2.jpg

8. VDuzarte Apr 1, 2016

I don't want to sell it, it's going to stay in my collection restaured or not. Thanks.

9. VDuzarte Apr 1, 2016

Yes, i was already expecting that. Yes it has a sentimental value but i think it's going to stay as is. Thank you for your tips. Cheers

10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2016

Is that water damage or a reflection off a cracked crystal?

11. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2016

All I can say is that if it is a sentimental thing is take it to a reputable watchmaker and ask for a "clean it up and get it running" estimate. I agree it looks pretty nasty.

12. VDuzarte Apr 1, 2016

I removed the crystal and to be honest i was expecting worse. What do you think? I really wanted to bring it to life. The stories I've heard from my grandfather with this watch is quite something.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  13. cristos71 Apr 1, 2016

Is there a Portuguese connection in your family? I´m not sure, but that mark on the 11 o´ clock lug looks like it could be one of those Portuguese import stamps.

14. VDuzarte Apr 1, 2016

Yes, I'm portuguese. Can you explain what is that import stamp please?

15. gop76 Apr 1, 2016

I'm portuguese also, those stamps were putted by tax authorities to assure that all import tariffs were applied

16. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 1, 2016

17. gop76 Apr 1, 2016

Here we must talk english, if you wanna speak portuguese, we must do it by PM

18. VDuzarte Apr 1, 2016

Sorry for that.

19. ConElPueblo Apr 1, 2016

Hi @VDuzarte, welcome aboard :)

I think it's great you'll try to resurrect your grandfather's watch, I wish you the best of luck! If I were you, I'd contact a watchmaker who works together with one of the better dial refurbishers, and then get the watch repaired and the dial repainted. That way you could wear it and remember your grandfather.

If you search this forum after dial refurbishers, I believe you'll find some good recommendations.

Larry S likes this.
  20. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 1, 2016

No question. If this were my grandfathers watch I'd get it restored. The crystal was making things look much worse that they really are. To my untrained eyes you have a good basis to move forward. Good luck and I echo ConElPueblo .... Great resources, wisdom and knowledge on this site.

ConElPueblo and VDuzarte like this.