Forums Latest Members

Help On Link Pin Removal Tool Please

1. Jeeper Mar 22, 2020

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a link pin removal tool for Omega 2200.50 with "push pin" not screw.

This is something that I will probably only use 2-3 times per year, and therefore don't want to spend a fortune, I purchased a kit previously but the extractor pins where made of butter, I managed to remove 1 from a Hamilton & that was it.

I am based in UK.

Thanks in advance for your help & Knowledge.

Jeeper

2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Mar 22, 2020

This tool does an OK job but it was designed for split pins, so you'll need pliers to get the pin out the rest of the way:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulova-Wat...564258?hash=item4b75b85e62:g:ihgAAOSwlpleZZWhPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Also some blue painter's tape to prevent marking the bracelet.

Any of the tools on this page are likely to work:

http://www.ofrei.com/page237.html

Me? I use a bench vise with rubber jaws, a 1mm punch, and a ball-peen hammer. To put the pin back in, I either use the vise if it's really tight, or press the pin in using the hammer, and then seat it the rest of the way with the punch.

Pay very close attention to the arrows. The pin comes out with the arrow, and back in against.

Note that if you have a relationship with a jeweller/watchmaker, they will often do bracelet adjustments for free or very inexpensively. This is often money well spent if they're competent. I once had some counter monkey dent a brand-new Speedmaster bracelet being too vigorous with hammer.

Tom

3. Pazzo Mar 22, 2020

4. wsfarrell Mar 22, 2020

In my experience, tools that use a quick blow (hammer and punch) work much better than tools that rely on slow pressure (plier- and screw-type). Something like thisPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network should work fine (the hammer is a joke; toss it and use your own):

s-l500.jpg

Gasman and VetPsychWars like this.
  5. Jeeper Mar 23, 2020

Thanks VetPsychWars,

greatly appreciate your time, was looking at Bergeon 7230, but wasn’t sure if it was any better than the cheap one I bought a while back. I will definitely look at the links you posted.

Jeeper

Edited Mar 23, 2020
  6. Jeeper Mar 23, 2020

Pazzo likes this.
  7. Jeeper Mar 23, 2020

Thanks wsfarrell,

Greatly appreciate your time, was looking at Bergeon 7230, but wasn’t sure if it was any better than the cheap one I bought a while back. I will definitely look at the link you posted.

Jeeper