Forums Latest Members
  1. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 9, 2019

I bought his about a year ago as it was priced right and because it had a 1171 bracelet (v1) and 617 end links (needed for my CK2998). I was planning on selling, but I love the blue dial and I may end up keeping it. However, it seems to periodically stop when I wear it. It may stop once while on the wrist, but in the watch box it does not seem to stop.

upload_2019-5-9_11-28-3.png

Dial is clean, the crystal needs a good poly-watch scrub.

upload_2019-5-9_11-29-7.png

2. 77deluxe May 9, 2019

Is the battery dying or secured tight with good connection? Contact cleaner?

Ekonomer-Tuomas likes this.
  3. Lucasssssss May 9, 2019

I would change the battery and see if that works. If you are in the UK (or even if you are not) send it along to Paul at Electric Watches. He last quoted me £42 for a service, and is a pleasure to deal with.

4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 9, 2019

Battery was new when purchased, but this was bought from a older gentleman watchmaker that indeed probably placed a new battery in it, but my guess is it may have been sitting in the case for who knows how long. I never did return the watch to dealer I bought from, as I did not want to give up the bracelet or end links.

I will see if I can get a battery from the OB next time I am out and about.

Since I am in San Diego, sending overseas tends to be a challenge for me.

5. lillatroll May 9, 2019

I have a tc1 and if the case back is not exactly sitting just so it does not work. If the case back is too tight it does not light up and the same if it is too loose. Getting it right is a bit of trial and error. Perhaps this is the same for your watch. Once it is sitting right my watch works perfectly fine. Worth a try.

6. Ekonomer-Tuomas May 9, 2019

I’ts most likely the drained battery. Changed mine to a new one and it works just fine now.