Forums Latest Members

Help! On buying first Speemaster

1. Art123 Feb 12, 2017

Hello guys i need your help/advice on buying my first Speedmaster. After weeks of reading reviews and watching videos, i have decided to go with the Sapphire crystal sandwich Speedmaster. I have heard time and time again to never buy new; which i understand. I have gone to an Omega boutique and they sell a new Speedmaster for a little over 6k. I have searched for used Speedmaster online from several sites and they all are selling the speedmaster for 4 to 5k. Chrono24 is the site that has the most inventory and better prices. In fact, i came across some vendors that are selling the Speedmaster for about 4k, brand new! They are dealers/sellers from Europe. This is where i need your guys help/advice. Is Chrono24 trustworthy? Has any of you guys bought overseas? I am afraid to buy a watch and then find out its a fake, that is my worse nightmare. Do you guys know of any reputable dealers/sellers that you might recommend for me to check out? Thank you guys for all your help and look forward to your advice!

2. marcn Enough space to say witty Feb 12, 2017

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 12, 2017

Contact kringkily or watchvaultnyc here. Can't go wrong with well known sellers in this forum.

ossfm, joso, Uniqez and 1 other person like this.
  4. watchlovr Feb 12, 2017

What currency do you mean, where are you? Where is "overseas" for you?
    All these things will help us to help you, you are assuming we know which country you are from.

I am from the UK.

5. Rodmar Feb 12, 2017

Quite a few vendors probably have what you want here in the for sale section. I'm almost guessing they can get close to or beat those prices you're seeing. I'm 100% sure I've seen what your looking for at $4,100 here a few times even.

6. Rodmar Feb 12, 2017

7. Rodmar Feb 12, 2017

Read your other thread for great links

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 12, 2017

The avatar is the LA Lakers so I will bet the US.

9. b-16707 Feb 12, 2017

hit up @demollo

And who said not to buy new and why?

10. Uniqez Feb 12, 2017

Save money and buy from these guys mentioned above.
    Here is mine :
    20170121_124730.jpg

oddboy likes this.
  11. munichblue Feb 13, 2017

Yes, Chrono24 is a very trustworthy source. Select an 'approved seller' who offers 'trusted check out' and you're 100 percent safe.

12. N1CK Feb 13, 2017

Go have a proper examine of the SS and the normal Speedmaster in the OB before you buy anything.

13. ossfm Feb 13, 2017

Listen to @oddboy.

If you're going to buy used, do it from this forum. It is filled with people who love watches. You are more likely to get a good watch from someone here. Let's face it; you don't know the seller in any case. You do know that OF is full of enthusiasts and collectors that help each other. You don't know that about Chrono24 at all.

I think the better question is: is the seller trustworthy. Chrono24 is a bit like ebay. It is just a place for lots of people to post things for sale.

Don't get in a hurry, do your research, post questions here. Then you'll have a better chance of getting a good watch. The amount of consideration should be commensurate with the level of expenditure. I don't know about you but I consider $4-6k to be a LOT of money. That warrants a LOT of consideration, counted in months or half years and not in days or weeks.

alohatime likes this.
  14. Art123 Feb 13, 2017

I am sorry about that, I was talking about US dollars.