Forums Latest Members
  1. Tadrok Apr 19, 2017

I was hoping that someone might be able to provide me with or help narrow down, the case reference number and movement caliber for this watch. I recently acquired this watch and upon receiving it I removed the bezel and crystal, slid the retention ring and proceeded to try and pull the stem and crown out of the movement. With quite a bit of force but not too much, I was unable to pull it out, no matter which way the retention ring was slid to. Out of fear of breaking the stem or causing damage to the movement, I abandoned my efforts and have arrived here.

All of my other Omegas I have been successful in accessing the movement for caliber and serial number as well as the case for reference number, this setup is the first that I have seen! Most other front loading movements such as those in Hamiltons, Wydens or Longines all had a "keyed" stem.

The case measures 31.5mm excluding crown and 36.8mm lug to lug.

I'm hopeful that someone can assist me in determining the year, caliber and case reference number. Thank you in advance. q5.jpg q2.jpg q4.jpg q3.jpg q1.jpg

Edited Apr 20, 2017
  2. Tadrok Apr 19, 2017

Thanks but what are the stickies?

3. Tadrok Apr 19, 2017

Ok, and I see what you are talking about now and what am I to be looking for?

4. Tadrok Apr 19, 2017

Ok, if you don't have anything to assist me with that's fine. Hopefully someone else will. Thanks.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 19, 2017

6. TNTwatch Apr 19, 2017

Looks like ref 165.004 with cal 670/671, if it's 31.5mm in size.

7. Tadrok Apr 19, 2017

Yes it is 31.5mm, thank you very much!

8. Tadrok Apr 19, 2017

While looking at Omega models and their respective movement calibers at www.chronomaddox.com, I noticed that the Seamaster didn't have 670/671 listed whereas the DeVille did have the 671 listed. Do you find this site to be a reliable resource? Thanks