Forums Latest Members
  1. don the savage Jul 7, 2018

hello, my first thread. I have a mid 60s seamaster deville that was a 25th wedding anniversary to my grandfather from my grand mother. Both are gone now.
    The watch keeps perfect time amazingly. The only issue is the crown pulls out of the watch and i cant change the time setting without a lot of futzing. I want to get it fixed but i dont want it screwed up. I live in Ontario California and would like a recomendation for a shop somewhere in the area to repair the stem.
    Thank you

FB1FB6EF-EDF4-4152-BC12-56F2E04BD316.jpeg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 7, 2018

There are quite a few members in Southern California who can recommend watchmakers. @Foo2rama
    Unless you know when it was serviced, please don't wear it or run it until it has been serviced or you just may screw it up.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Jul 7, 2018

I second the above advice - don't ruin a family heirloom by running the watch without cleaning and lubrication. That's a quadrant dial version, fairly uncommon and very aesthetically pleasing. While having the watch serviced, get the crystal polished or replaced as necessary. DON'T have them polish the case (too much).

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 7, 2018

I don’t know anyone in Ontario 959/909 do you come to OC or LA more?

5. don the savage Jul 7, 2018

OC is probably better. I try to avoid la at all costs.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 7, 2018

https://yelp.to/qTKq/GPSdrad8mO

Pacific Time in Costa Mesa is highly rated by members. I believe @nurseford25 uses them.

As always make sure they do. It alter or polish the watch. Keep hands and dial original.

I’m going to be talking to them on Monday to see about some work on some of my pieces.

7. don the savage Jul 7, 2018

Thank you for the rec. i will check them out next week. I want to get this fixed. I love this watch. Its different than the modern seamaster that is a 100 times bigger and heavier it seems.looks like its by goat hill. Oh darn i will have to go to newport after. If you can throw s9me feedback after Monday I would appreciate it. Thank you

8. nurseford25 Jul 7, 2018

Actually I haven’t used them yet. They are on my roster of places to check out though. I don’t know any places in the IE though. Best bet is to check out some of the places here in the oc.

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 7, 2018

Lol yup just a few doors down from Goathill lol.

Sure shoot me a pm to remind me.