Forums Latest Members
  1. Stoner Apr 17, 2019

I'm struggling to get my hands on a good quality dynamic automatic.

I missed a potential NOS recently on Catawiki

Anyway. I'm bssed in Dublin, I can see from the advice here that I should be able to get a good watch for 350-500 euro?

I'm struggling to identify, find and authenticate a decent one.

I like the ones with some brown in them. However I've given up on finding one even though that blue/gold one that was recommended here on eBay last week seemed perfect.

Anyway this one
    Any thoughts please ? Thank you all.

Also I've noticed from here that the watch might be over polished to a now shiney rather than brushed SS finish?

Screenshot_20190418-040945_Advertsie.jpg
    Edited Apr 18, 2019
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 17, 2019

Please post photos and not just links.

3. Stoner Apr 18, 2019

Updated with a picture, thank you.
    (Although the picture should be better in the link sorry, it's an app and I had to settle for a screenshot)

4. Stoner Apr 18, 2019

5. Screwbacks Apr 18, 2019

€500?

for your guidance. (not mine)

IMG_20190418_200633.jpg

Stoner likes this.
  6. Basset Hound Apr 18, 2019

That’s a second generation Dynamic 1 case which is supposed to be highly polished.

Benbradstock and Stoner like this.
  7. 77deluxe Apr 18, 2019

Pass

Stoner likes this.
  8. Stoner Apr 18, 2019

This is up for 450 euro (the one I linked)

It would be local pick up for me.

I prefer the black leather straps too. However I do like the one on your link, I assume it's a nice example of this unit?

Edited Apr 18, 2019
    Screwbacks likes this.
  9. Stoner Apr 18, 2019

Thank you delux

Is the reason the cost, finish or you just don't like it?

Thank you in advance.

10. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Apr 18, 2019

If you're into Dynamics, consider the original range and not the calibre 10xx series. They're more serious pieces. I wrote an essay on these some years ago here

The early Dynamics, in my opinion, had much more character, and a far better movement, although I would not criticise the the 10xx series as it was a completely different piece of technology.

Cheers

Desmond

Benbradstock and DaveK like this.
  11. Screwbacks Apr 18, 2019

this is my 2 original ver of dynamics, one is manual, the other is automatic. looks deceiving. your choice still depends on which movement. i prefer a rarer manual (M) with a sunken center dial, than the automatic (L), though.

IMG_20190418_225151.jpg

Edited Apr 18, 2019
    Benbradstock and Stoner like this.
  12. Basset Hound Apr 18, 2019

Desmond’s article is excellent and even though I’ve been collecting Dynamics for a number of years and have several I use it as a reference every time one catches my eye.

Stoner likes this.
  13. Stoner Apr 18, 2019

Read that, thank you great information.
    I'll skip this one so.
    I've been looking on eBay, Chrono24 and Catawiki something will come up ( if I left out an obvious online option please let me know) I'm determined to get one now, I've fluted around for 4 years without a purchase.

Thank you all again.

14. Walrus May 8, 2019

Hey guys first post here and just found you talking about these, I’m looking at an omega watch itself is in good condition minus a few scratches on the back. Prob is the original leather bracelet is not staying on so that bezel that locks the band on is prob shot. I got him down to 375 but I need to get the bracelet and service. Do you think the dynamics are worth putting this into

15. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 8, 2019

Photos would help us determine if the watch in question is worth spending money on.

As for general pricing look at eBay SOLD listings.

Walrus and connieseamaster like this.
  16. peterkirk01 May 8, 2019

375 sounds like a really good price and the bezel that holds either the bracelet or leather strap in place often com up for sale on eBay. If you like the watch then go for it . Good luck.

Walrus likes this.
  17. peterkirk01 May 8, 2019

My own preference in the Dynamic range is the mark 3 chronograph watches. Getting much harder to find these days and prices seem to have shot up lately. I owned one once and it felt great on the wrist but unfortunately I sold it. Feeling sorry now.

Walrus likes this.
  18. chipsotoole May 8, 2019

I'm a fan of the early gen 1 series with the brushed edging. It's hard to find one in good condition as the lume indices are quite fragile and tend to partly break away. There later "spiderweb" designs and more rounded polished cases don't hold the same visual appeal for me. The three scarcest dial colour/designs seem to be green, red and racing. The blue bullseye is also desirable. Prices are really going up on these watches, especially one in top condition. You could pick one up 18 months ago for around 200-250 Euros...Now i think you have to add 50-100 on top of that and many are either redialled or pretty tired. No surprise as they're very comfortable to wear. I was lucky enough to land this day/date one from eBay France last year...i wear it in my rotation as I worry the dial would suffer with the shocks of daily wear.
    daydatedynamic.jpg

Benbradstock and Walrus like this.
  19. Walrus May 8, 2019

And yes I would love to put a picture up prior to buying it I’m just having trouble doing so

20. Walrus May 8, 2019

7786C635-D56F-46B5-8A03-B53E6A9A5124.jpeg This one the dynamic one bullseye doesn’t have the waterproof or tool 207 etched in the back. It’s coming from a reputable seller at a reputable site so I suspect it’s been worn away over the years. I once again tried to put up the image but once again failed I’ll keep trying. Ha I got the front anyway. Couple scratches on the back. Right now I’m at 370usd in the purchase process but he went 0 dark 30 for a bit so it’s not a done deal. It’s mechanical not automatic but it really catches my eye. I’ll need to get it serviced which will add quite a bit to the price. I seem to be attracted
    Unique looking watches to the point where I have a couple rados how does the pick look to you experts I’m a beginner. I have twenty or so watches including a Cellini I want to unload but I’m not someone who can tell a lot just by looking and thank you for the info already

Edited May 8, 2019