Forums Latest Members
  1. Tennos Nov 6, 2015

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I found this somewhat poor condition 165.024 at a local dealer who knows less about this model than I do (which isn't much). I can spot that the second hand is wrong, and the lume looks both sloppy and suspiciously intact, but the case back looks correct (at least to me). Because the 300 is counterfeited so often, I would really appreciate input on authenticity. Thanks in advance.

2. abrod520 Nov 6, 2015

The dial doesn't look that bad, so I'd check it out under dim light to see if there's any glow. Still though this example's really been beat to ::censored:: so unless it's bargain-basement priced, I'd pass on it. You can tell the polish job was half-assed as it's only shiny on the front!
    Besides, the crown is a modern replacement.

3. the future Nov 6, 2015

I'd buy it if the price is reasonable.

Edit: I just looked it up. They're asking $1500 more than I think it is worth.

4. redpcar Nov 6, 2015

A beater. Not necessarily a bad thing if you like wearing a watch that looks to have been worn every day of its life. If it is priced as such and the movement checks out, why not.

5. Tennos Nov 6, 2015

As usual,very helpful and accurate input. Poor condition and a 50% markup is SOP for this dealer. If the piece is genuine it's usually by accident. Thanks guys.