Forums Latest Members
  1. sebanorge Nov 5, 2015

Hello All

I am new here and i need a help regarding an Omega watch that I want to buy.It is an Omega Seamaster Calendar Rose Gold cal. 503 number 16486154. The price I need to pay for it is 700 $ and my question is is it not fake and is it worth it this money?I know the watch is refurbished but it says professionally, I don't buy it for sales reason it is just for me.Please help me.

image 1.jpg image 2.jpg image 3.jpg image 4.jpg image 5.jpg image 10.jpg image 7.jpg image 6.jpg
    Edited Nov 5, 2015
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 5, 2015

You might want to get a crystal installed at some point...

sebanorge and efauser like this.
  3. ulackfocus Nov 5, 2015

Nicest redial I've seen recently.

The whole watch has been refurbished. It's a nice job, but $700 is too high of a price.

sebanorge likes this.
  4. sebanorge Nov 5, 2015

But is it possible that this watch will gain in value in 5-10 years?How much do you think is worth it today?I really like this watch and since I don't want to sell it soon maybe it is worth it.It is difficult to find Omega in this shape for that kind of money.Thanks for helping me guys.

5. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Nov 5, 2015

It will cost whatever the seller can get for it. With regard to future worth, that is speculative at best. However, collectors tend to value originality over refurbishment.

However, and purely based on my taste, I think it's a very good looking watch. The question you must answer is - would you feel happy to spend the money and have it on your wrist or every time you looked at it, would you feel you spent too much?

sebanorge likes this.
  6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 5, 2015

Highly unlikely. Most collectors want originality, although on eBay you never know.
    Value today is a few hundred. Not a rare caliber or case reference.
    The work that was done to the watch looks to be first rate. A little heavy on the polishing, but no one's perfect. I think I know who did it. It's a high, but not ridiculous price for a daily wearer.

If you are looking to resell at a profit, this is not the watch for you. If you want to wear and enjoy an older Omega, this could be it.
    gatorcpa

hendra324 and sebanorge like this.
  7. sebanorge Nov 5, 2015

Ok

Edited Nov 5, 2015
  8. sebanorge Nov 5, 2015

Thanks for the help,that was the answer that I look for.I think I will be happy to have this watch even if I pay something more...It was my dream for very long time to have Seamaster...I'm just scare that this one will be not the last one and then my girlfriend will kill me ;-)

Ones again big thanks!

9. ulackfocus Nov 5, 2015

Don Draper syndrome with a twist.

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 5, 2015

The bright side: Think about the savings, if she did.