Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. overgrosseren

overgrosseren Mar 26, 2020

Really need help.
    Got 2 NOS Omega Megaquartz straps, and can't ajust one side of the leather strap inside the buckle.

There's a screw and I think it' open and locks the strap to the buckle, but it is just stock 100% regarding what I try

20200326_060436.jpg 20200326_060525.jpg 20200326_060545.jpg
  2. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Mar 26, 2020

Yes, that screw clamps the strap.

If you can't move it, I recommend "electronics cleaner". Triclorotrifluoroethelene. It's also sometimes referred to as tuner cleaner, back when TVs had mechanical switches to change channels.

Be careful when you turn the screw, you can strip it very easily. Gentle is the key, here.

If none of that works, you can force it out of the clasp but that is definitely your last resort!

Tom

3. JimInOz

JimInOz "Helpful Hints from Heloise" of bracelet cleaning. Mar 26, 2020

It's nor a screw, it's a cam. It turns one way to force flat bars outwards to lock in position on the clasp shell.

Turn it the other way and the bars are withdrawn slightly from the clasp shell allowing you to adjust length.

The screw slot should normally be horizontal when locked.

To "unlock", use a properly sized screwdriver to turn it 90º ANTI-CLOCKWISE.

Then adjust length and turn only 90º CLOCKWISE to lock.

As Tom noted, it could be seized up with gunk so cleaning before trying to move it is recommended.

redking, Archer and JanV like this.
  4. overgrosseren

overgrosseren Mar 26, 2020

It worked - thank you very much.