Forums Latest Members

Help: Omega Constellation 168.027 crown replacement

1. Ωemptymywallet Jun 7, 2020

Hello all

So I finally did it! I pulled the trigger on a vintage omega constellation. In fact I posted the model I was considering here. So a big thank you to all who gave your opinions. I took it in to my watchmaker (omega certified) for a service and the 564 inside that was running at -58 is now running strong at +4. everything is working well and nothing had to be replaced. Apparently he had a lot of fun working on it too.

However, looking at other models of the same reference. I believe the crown may be incorrect. It looks to be genuine omega and the watch is still functioning perfectly. However it seems to be too small for the case.

Do I take it back to get it replaced? Right now my main concern is that the smaller crown would somehow effect the already lacklustre water resistance of a vintage piece. If not I was thinking of perhaps bringing it up at the next service. But parts for vintage pieces seem to be harder to come by as time goes on.

I thank anyone in advance who can give some insight into this problem!

s-l1600 02.jpg s-l1600 03.jpg
    Passover likes this.
  2. ConElPueblo Jun 7, 2020

The outer diameter of the crown hasn't any effect on the water resistance; if the seal on the inside of the crown sits tight on the crown tube, there will be some WR.

Ωemptymywallet likes this.
  3. Pepe Lucas Jun 7, 2020

Check Otto Frei if you want a replacement, they still have them for some references.

4. wilderbeast Jun 7, 2020

They should be available - I had the crown and stem replaced on my Cal 564 168.017 Connie when it was serviced earlier this year:

12F6BED9-3A43-4977-8FED-B40B521E7A11.jpeg

5. Ωemptymywallet Jun 7, 2020

Good to know. I'll probably take it in the next time I get a chance then. Beautiful dial on your connie btw.

wilderbeast likes this.
  6. wilderbeast Jun 8, 2020

:thumbsup: Thank you! I’m very happy with it.