Forums Latest Members
  1. wmcminn3 Jan 7, 2016

I'm looking to buy a vintage Connie ref. 168.005 that has been posted for sale. I was sold on buying it but I came across a help sheet for identifying fake SS Connie cases, especially SS 168.005 cases. The article can be found here: http://users.tpg.com.au/mondodec//Counterfeit_Omega_Constellation_Cases.pdf

Here's a couple of pictures of the watch:
    1.jpg 2.jpg

Having reviewed it for a while, I'm starting to worry about its authenticity, most notably with its faceted lugs and failed MOY-test. I'm working on more pictures but does the dial and case seem right?

What do y'all think?

Thanks!

2. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jan 7, 2016

Looks ok to me.

3. LawBrk Jan 7, 2016

Well you can't tell the facets on the lugs bc the photos are poor. To me it appears to pass the MOY test but you will want to clearly see the sides and back, inside case back, movement, and better shots of the dial and lugs.

If you're trying to rush you're going to risk making a poor purchase. Take your time and spend your hard earned money on a good example. Good luck.

Also, http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/

gatorcpa likes this.
  4. wmcminn3 Jan 7, 2016

LawBrk,

Upon further review it does seem to pass MOY test. I have more pictures on the way obviously but wanted to get some first impression opinions. Also, the blog you've posted is a great resource. I've been clicking through there all afternoon.

Thanks again

5. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Jan 7, 2016

Don't want to hijack the thread but I have a Newbie question: what is MOY test?

watchknut likes this.
  6. nxw1969 Jan 7, 2016

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 7, 2016

Date window seems fine

8. wmcminn3 Jan 7, 2016

I've been studying it all evening and I feel pretty comfortable with the dial. I'm a rookie and am going off of pages and pages of 'be wary' sites.

Appreciate the input!

9. wsfarrell Jan 7, 2016

Watch looks good, but those dogs are ugly.

10. hendra324 dealer who would rather use aftermarket parts Jan 7, 2016

we need more pics